Sean Snyder

The defending Big XII Champions
powercat95

Re: Sean Snyder

Post by powercat95 » December 7th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Here's what I would love to see regarding Sean Snyder. Leavitt gets hired, makes some tweaks and upgrades, but leaves the foundation and culture in place.

If Sean is content being a ST coach he is retained under Leavitt (I think this could work with Leavitt since as I understand it Bill Snyder is pretty close with Leavitt). Sean is an excellent ST coach and would be a tremendous asset.

If Sean has Head Coaching ambitions he leaves to become head coach somewhere else and is wildly successful. Leavitt also is successful here and eventually retires. Sean Snyder, having established his Head Coaching abilities and success elsewhere, returns as head coach and the Snyder story continues.

Just dreaming.

02Cat

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » December 7th, 2018, 12:25 pm

ForeverCat wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 6:39 am
I find the "troll" comments made by people who hide behind a computer desk comical.

Sean would have been a legitimate option to take over the HC position all things considered. That doesn't mean that he was the best option for the job but he would have been a viable option considering his knowledge of what it has taken to be success at K-State.

Truth be told, I don't think Sean ever wanted the job, I believe Sean thought he was suppose to want the job. Big difference. Not everyone is built for high level leadership and after 30+ years of life experience, I've learned that being the "first person through the door" isn't as glamorous a position as people think.

What would be great moving forward is if K-State fans (especially the younger generations) would pay Sean Snyder the respect he deserves. He was an All-American player and after having a "cup of coffee" in the NFL quickly realized that he wanted to be in Manhattan, with his family, working with his father to build an incredible football program. Don't overlook his contributions to this team, college, town and state because you want a shiny new coach.
As someone that has been extremely skeptical of Sean Snyder as head coach, I agree with everything you said in your last paragraph. If Sean wants to stay on staff as the Special Teams Coordinator, I fully support it.
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Sth89
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sth89 » December 7th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Sean needs to get his ass out in the real world and quit riding his daddy's Weiner.

CD-Wildcat2.0

Post by CD-Wildcat2.0 » December 7th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Sean cannot be Coach, he was the cancer driving a rift in between the coaches and players the last few years. Now with new OC/DC he had waaay more influence on the team this year and we see the results. Sean isn’t HC material, he’s a spoiled son who wants without earning and is THe cancer in the program over the last few years as Bill had less and less influence. It’s time for a new regime from the recruiting efforts, staff and personnel all the way up to a new HC. A clean house is what KSU needs, but alas will not get with these handcuffs being forced on any new HC by Bill and his Chemo brain. Sorry, just the way it is, reality is hard to swallow at times

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » December 7th, 2018, 1:37 pm

I heard Sean is headed to UNC for Mack

Sth89

Post by Sth89 » December 7th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Good riddance loser

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 7th, 2018, 1:40 pm

Sth89 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 1:38 pm
Good riddance loser
anyone ever call you an asshole, asshole?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Sth89

Post by Sth89 » December 7th, 2018, 1:42 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Sth89 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 1:38 pm
Good riddance loser
anyone ever call you an asshole, asshole?
You......fawkface

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » December 7th, 2018, 1:45 pm

I think calling him a loser is over the top. But from personal experience he does throw around "well don't you know who I am" a little too much. The response was yes yes we know who you are. But the rules are in place and you have to follow the rules. So if you want that addition built you have to follow the codes. They don't break because you have a perceived influence.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » December 7th, 2018, 4:16 pm

With all the coaching changes so far this year, why has Sean not been mentioned? I just thought of this. He has good experience and Liberty or a place like that could be a good fit. If your prospect of keeping your job took a huge hit on Monday wouldn't you have your oar in the water?

It makes me wonder if he is not looking. I did read UNC as well, but it should be time to take the top job somewhere.
Win the dang day!