The defending Big XII Champions
Zoltar

Re: Assistant Coaches That Stay

Post by Zoltar » December 6th, 2018, 11:10 pm

bhoovy wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 7:36 pm
Zoltar wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 6:16 pm
I just don't like that Leavitt was accused of striking a player and at least not being truthful about it all. He was termed for cause but later reached a settlement agreement. Now that the Ducks are on probation he may really want to move.
Well the key word there is “accused”.

I don’t believe there was ever anyone who verified the kids story and I’m not so sure even the kids dad didn’t change his story from Leavitt striking his son to being over zealous in coaching his son. But i can’t recall completely.

I’m one who has a hard time holding something against someone where there’s no proof, evidence or anyone else to verify the story. Not fair to Leavitt or anyone else in his position.

I’m completely comfortable with him being head coach, but I also don’t have a son that would be playing for him, but still don’t think I’d have a problem if I did.

I do not believe Oswald was formally charged with killing JFK either.
Win the dang day!

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » December 6th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Zoltar wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:10 pm
bhoovy wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Well the key word there is “accused”.

I don’t believe there was ever anyone who verified the kids story and I’m not so sure even the kids dad didn’t change his story from Leavitt striking his son to being over zealous in coaching his son. But i can’t recall completely.

I’m one who has a hard time holding something against someone where there’s no proof, evidence or anyone else to verify the story. Not fair to Leavitt or anyone else in his position.

I’m completely comfortable with him being head coach, but I also don’t have a son that would be playing for him, but still don’t think I’d have a problem if I did.

I do not believe Oswald was formally charged with killing JFK either.
It is the not being truthful about things that is important. He settled and that may be good. Glad to hear you are comfortable. Not only does this open us up for a problem if he does anything like this again, but you are not the one that he grabbed by the facemask.
Win the dang day!