Watching OU......

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Jax

Pick 'Em

Re: Watching OU......

Post by Jax » December 6th, 2018, 11:09 am

Did anyone watch the OSU/TU game last night? I had planned to attend but decided instead to get the Christmas decoration down from the attic. I also planned to attend the game Saturday, but right now early predictions are for bad weather in Tulsa starting Friday night.

Back to the game last night, both teams showed a lot of hustle, and played some scrappy defense. Yet neither team seems to be score with any consistency early in the season.

If K-State is a top 12 team, they should cruise winning by 10 or more. If the game stays close, I think the Cats should expect another conference season of hit and misses. OU is better it seems without Trae Young. OSU is young, but as they gain experience I think they end the season better than they started.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 6th, 2018, 11:16 am

tcu had an 8 point rivalry win over smu last night in jankovich's gym. and tulsa beat oSu. tulsa is 6-0 at home. so, look for a game saturday as well.

texas lost to vcu in austin. shaka smart may be out of there after this season. the guy's style just doesn't work with the horns, it seems. and the irony of what's happening at tennessee shouldn't be lost on anyone. good for rick barnes.
Last edited by tmcats on December 6th, 2018, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Lionheart
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lionheart » December 6th, 2018, 11:32 am

Rick Barnes style didn't work at Texas either. Texas is a football school and they don't care anything about basketball. Mark Turgeon found out the same thing at Texas AM. It's just the way Texas lives. Just like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arkansas it's football season all year long.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 6th, 2018, 11:40 am

Lionheart wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:32 am
Rick Barnes style didn't work at Texas either. Texas is a football school and they don't care anything about basketball. Mark Turgeon found out the same thing at Texas AM. It's just the way Texas lives. Just like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arkansas it's football season all year long.
oh, i disagree with that. barnes won 69% of his games at texas, 3x conference champions, and in his 20 years only missed one dance party. pretty solid record.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/co ... nes-1.html

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » December 6th, 2018, 11:43 am

This league is playing some good ball in the early season. Even OSU currently at 4-4 has good wins over LSU and Memphis. Still not sure about K-State, but I do expect KU to be challenged for the title this year.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 6th, 2018, 11:46 am

isu plays at iowa tonight which should be a good indicator.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 6th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Lionheart wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:32 am
I would say that FL has had a lot of success in other sports as well. The rest....yeah.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » December 7th, 2018, 1:01 pm

I think the league is a little down this year. Last year we had 3 legitimate final 4 level teams who unfortunately all had to play ‘Nova. We also had quality teams top to bottom. Right now, KU looks to be better than last year. We ought to be better. ISU ought to be better. But I don’t think WVU, Baylor, OSU, Tech, TCU, are as good. TX & OU look about the same. This is still a very good conference and teams like Tech & TCU are still strong, but we were really good last year.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 7th, 2018, 3:38 pm

actually, ku is just as good, probably, as last year, but better, we'll have to see, as it's a guard's game, right? time will tell. tech is doing really well, not sure how anyone can discount them. isu is way, way better. ou is as well. tcu looks solid. so, in my view, it's a mistake to discount this league so early even though wvu, bu and oSu seem to be struggling; two of those weren't stellar last year either.