farmageddon at 7pm on fox ...

The defending Big XII Champions
Post Reply
tmcats
Posts: 24098
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 3486 times
Been thanked: 6612 times

Pick 'Em

farmageddon at 7pm on fox ...

Post by tmcats » November 19th, 2023, 1:57 pm

Image
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
"If the conscience disapproves, the world's loudest applauses are of little value." John Adams

TheTulsaCat
Posts: 231
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Post by TheTulsaCat » November 19th, 2023, 2:12 pm

I hate late games.
These users thanked the author TheTulsaCat for the post (total 2):
nick57randallcat85

tmcats
Posts: 24098
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 3486 times
Been thanked: 6612 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 20th, 2023, 4:05 pm

cats open -10 v. ames.

Kansas State vs. Iowa State odds and lines
College football odds courtesy of BetMGM Sportsbook. Odds updated Monday at 3:47 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.

Spread Favorite: Kansas State (-10)

Total: 47.5 points
"If the conscience disapproves, the world's loudest applauses are of little value." John Adams

tmcats
Posts: 24098
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 3486 times
Been thanked: 6612 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 20th, 2023, 4:11 pm

cy's take on key k-state players.

Giddens needs 38 rushing yards to become a 1,000-yard back for the first time in his brief college career and has eclipsed 100 yards on the ground in each of the Wildcats’ last two wins.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2023/11/know ... owa-state/
"If the conscience disapproves, the world's loudest applauses are of little value." John Adams

KSUbetcha
Posts: 2070
Joined: September 17th, 2017, 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 676 times
Been thanked: 1079 times

Post by KSUbetcha » November 20th, 2023, 4:38 pm

TheTulsaCat wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 2:12 pm
I hate late games.
Late games on National TV (non-cable) should give our program more exposure.

nick57
Posts: 709
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 6:59 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Post by nick57 » November 20th, 2023, 4:53 pm

Gonna be a little brisk.

Wyldkatz
Posts: 1820
Joined: September 9th, 2017, 7:27 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Post by Wyldkatz » November 20th, 2023, 7:36 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 4:05 pm
cats open -10 v. ames.

Kansas State vs. Iowa State odds and lines
College football odds courtesy of BetMGM Sportsbook. Odds updated Monday at 3:47 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.

Spread Favorite: Kansas State (-10)

Total: 47.5 points
Take the under. ISU has a good defense. Gonna be like 21-17 type game
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanTbonespop

tmcats
Posts: 24098
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 3486 times
Been thanked: 6612 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 20th, 2023, 9:45 pm

take the over. k-state blows the doors off ames as it does everyone else in "the bill."
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
PurpleOnWhite
"If the conscience disapproves, the world's loudest applauses are of little value." John Adams

Tbonespop
Posts: 4018
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm
Has thanked: 1238 times
Been thanked: 1531 times

Post by Tbonespop » November 20th, 2023, 9:59 pm

I wouldn't touch the betting line on this game with a 10 foot pole. Keep in mind, this is Sr night for some very key players who are going to be jacked up to go out on a win. The Bill is going to be rocking. One key player who likely is playing his last game at KSU being Will Howard. To me, he is the key to this game. Is he going to come out trying to emulate Joe-Efing-Montana or is he going to be Will-Efing-Howard? When Will plays within his abilities, he's an excellent QB at the college level - and KSU can beat anyone in the country when he plays like he can. Manage the game, move the chains, make good decisions, make clean throws to open receivers, and run the damn ball when the defense gives you a lane to run. But when he tries to get cute and throw the ball like Mahomes or Manning, his drives stall and the offense stalls. I truly believe that had he ran the ball on the second offensive possession when it was there to gain a first down on 3rd down and keep the chains moving, I think we score again on the second drive - and totally deflate KU in the process. But instead on 3rd down, he floated a 50-50 prayer up to a 5-7" WR that had no shot which ended in an incomplete pass. KU then got the ball back and scored to tie the game, then the game was tight the rest of the way. That was just an example of a terrible decision by Will, when Howard should have just tucked the ball and ran for the first down to keep the chains moving on the drive.

So, is Will going to play like Will is capable of or is he going to try and do things that are not to his strength?

That will determine if this game is a barn burner or a complete drubbing by KSU. Hoping Will decides to do what he's actually really good at and stops the air raid stuff he thinks he's good at.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 2):
kswildcatstlcatfan
EMAW

KSUbetcha
Posts: 2070
Joined: September 17th, 2017, 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 676 times
Been thanked: 1079 times

Post by KSUbetcha » November 21st, 2023, 6:21 am

Tbonespop wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 9:59 pm
I wouldn't touch the betting line on this game with a 10 foot pole. Keep in mind, this is Sr night for some very key players who are going to be jacked up to go out on a win. The Bill is going to be rocking. One key player who likely is playing his last game at KSU being Will Howard. To me, he is the key to this game. Is he going to come out trying to emulate Joe-Efing-Montana or is he going to be Will-Efing-Howard? When Will plays within his abilities, he's an excellent QB at the college level - and KSU can beat anyone in the country when he plays like he can. Manage the game, move the chains, make good decisions, make clean throws to open receivers, and run the damn ball when the defense gives you a lane to run. But when he tries to get cute and throw the ball like Mahomes or Manning, his drives stall and the offense stalls. I truly believe that had he ran the ball on the second offensive possession when it was there to gain a first down on 3rd down and keep the chains moving, I think we score again on the second drive - and totally deflate KU in the process. But instead on 3rd down, he floated a 50-50 prayer up to a 5-7" WR that had no shot which ended in an incomplete pass. KU then got the ball back and scored to tie the game, then the game was tight the rest of the way. That was just an example of a terrible decision by Will, when Howard should have just tucked the ball and ran for the first down to keep the chains moving on the drive.

So, is Will going to play like Will is capable of or is he going to try and do things that are not to his strength?

That will determine if this game is a barn burner or a complete drubbing by KSU. Hoping Will decides to do what he's actually really good at and stops the air raid stuff he thinks he's good at.
Are you sure it's Will Howard's last home game at KSU? I've haven't seen any reports or rumors that he's not coming back. Even Ben Sinnott has been named to the Senior Bowl, when he's got one more year of eligibility possible.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
Kralicek

Post Reply