If we didn't lose to TULANE ?

The defending Big XII Champions
opcatzen

If we didn't lose to TULANE ?

Post by opcatzen » November 29th, 2022, 8:10 pm

Playing in Playoffs? If we werent injured against TCU and Texas then definitely !

pulitzerdavid

Post by pulitzerdavid » November 29th, 2022, 9:38 pm

The Tulane loss made us better. It made Martinez better and the coaching staff better. It served a purpose. Besides, Tulane turned out to be a pretty good football team, so in retrospect, it wasn't a terrible loss.

Injuries are a part of football. Every team deals with them. We did the best we could.

We are not in the playoffs because we didn't earn it. Tulane will earn it if they beat us on Saturday. The only thing we can do is beat them and keep them out of the playoffs, and that is possible. It's been a very good season, and there shouldn't be any regrets.
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

CatTracks

Post by CatTracks » November 30th, 2022, 10:47 am

We are not in the playoffs because we didn't earn it. Tulane will earn it if they beat us on Saturday. The only thing we can do is beat them and keep them out of the playoffs, and that is possible. It's been a very good season, and there shouldn't be any regrets.
Were playing TCU Saturday, if you were an intelligent fan of KState you would know that.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 30th, 2022, 10:58 am

I am of the opinion the Tulane loss meant little to nothing.
It did not stop us from possibly winning the Big XII Saturday.
We were not going to be selected to the Playoffs with 2 losses.
If we make it to the Sugar Bowl the Tulane loss meant nothing.

sf2145

Post by sf2145 » November 30th, 2022, 11:28 am

I believe that if we used more of our play book to win with Tulane we may not have beaten OU....today we would beat Tulane.
A 2 loss team would not be in the picture of the play offs. If OU beat us where would be?
Sometimes it is better to lose some games in order to win more important games...

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 30th, 2022, 11:30 am

sf2145 wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 11:28 am
I believe that if we used more of our play book to win with Tulane we may not have beaten OU....today we would beat Tulane.
A 2 loss team would not be in the picture of the play offs. If OU beat us where would be?
Sometimes it is better to lose some games in order to win more important games...
i don't buy that logic for a minute. "all you learn from losing is how to lose." bob knight
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 3):
ksume2000WildcatEngineerJackieMoon
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ksume2000

Post by ksume2000 » November 30th, 2022, 12:05 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 11:30 am
sf2145 wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 11:28 am
i don't buy that logic for a minute. "all you learn from losing is how to lose." bob knight
I agree. And, if you had the ability to beat the opponent you are playing RIGHT NOW, why would you hold back on the off chance that it gives you a slight edge against next week's opponent?
These users thanked the author ksume2000 for the post:
tmcats

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » November 30th, 2022, 1:34 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:58 am
I am of the opinion the Tulane loss meant little to nothing.
It did not stop us from possibly winning the Big XII Saturday.
We were not going to be selected to the Playoffs with 2 losses.
If we make it to the Sugar Bowl the Tulane loss meant nothing.
Tulane cost Kstate a 10 win regular season. Which would have been $600 to me. LOL. But as another poster said, it probably woke us up a bit. Probably in the scheme of things wasn't bad as you point out.

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » November 30th, 2022, 5:23 pm

opcatzen wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 8:10 pm
Playing in Playoffs? If we werent injured against TCU and Texas then definitely !
No one in this conference would have beaten UT with two weeks of rest and preparation behind them. We just happen to be the unlucky opponent. UT is better than their record. A win over Tulane would not have bolstered K-State any higher than currently ranked. We still loss to TCU and UT.

Looking down at Tulane, who is a good team, because of their Group of 5 status is the same reason the Cats are the 5th highest 2-loss team behind Bama, Tennessee, Penn State and Clemson. The Tulane loss at worse, may have prolonged us getting ranked so high, but a win would not have placed us any higher than we subsequently are.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

Willie78

Pick 'Em

Post by Willie78 » December 2nd, 2022, 1:33 pm

CatTracks wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:47 am
Were playing TCU Saturday, if you were an intelligent fan of KState you would know that.
You may want to go back and reread the Board rules, this is your first warning.