tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Welcome to the Big XII, Brad.

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2022, 2:59 pm

oscar wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:55 pm
tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:51 pm
if brad leaves illinois, i will be very surprised for multiple reasons. but if he does, it tells me it's an escape. hire tang.
Escape???
that's how i see it if he leaves. he ran from oSu for his job of a lifetime. just lost for the second straight year in the first round/second game of the ncaa with one of the most talented teams in the country. the heat goes up in urbana as a result. he's the true son at k-state. easy to escape, yes, escape to mhk where the expectations are way lower and dough the same. hire tang, gene. keep the pledge below.
Last edited by tmcats on March 20th, 2022, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Hypeman
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » March 20th, 2022, 2:59 pm

kstueve wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:49 pm
PNW Cat wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Robinett reported before the game that it'd likely be announced within 24 hours, and that the clubhouse seems to be trending towards Tang. He's the person most connected to the program (media-wise), so I believe that it is most likely him. I know some people on here don't trust him because he graduated from KU, but from what I've seen of him over the years, he's been pretty well connected and usually provides the most accurate inside sources of information. I think there could potentially be one last conversation with Brad since he ended up losing, but in all likelihood it's probably just a curtesy call. It just doesn't make sense money-wise from either party's standpoint, and from a recruiting standpoint, Underwood would be giving up a lot.
I just doubt that anyone on the search committee is leaking anything to any reporter
I think you'd be surprised. People love leaking inside information, especially about a major search like this. From a search committee standpoint, someone who wants Brad might leak it as a warning to Brad "if you want this job, here's your last shot!"

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2022, 3:01 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 1:35 pm
Cult of Weber never stops. We've got a couple of Elders and a few Deacons that are fanatics in their belief.
A cult will never accept the removal of its leader. We’ve all moved on from Weber. There is no one here that is going to greet the new coach with jeers and signs . But I do reserve the right to discuss my pros and cons about prospective hires

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » March 20th, 2022, 3:02 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:59 pm
oscar wrote:

Escape???
that's how i see it if he leaves. he ran from oSu for his job of a lifetime. just lost for the second straight year in the first round/second game of the ncaa with one of the most talented teams in the country. the heat goes up in urbana as a result. he's the true son at k-state. easy to escape, yes, escape to mhk where the expectations are way lower and dough the same. hire tang, gene. keep the pledge below.
Yeah, I can kind of see this point of view. I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me from his point of view to take this job. Money, conference stability, and recruiting, the Big 3, are all things Illinois has over us. I still think he'd be a good coach, but I'd have to wonder at the same time, "how did this happen?"
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post:
tmcats

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 20th, 2022, 3:03 pm

Definite troll thread. Fortunately, most of us recognize it.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
AJcat7755Oldcat

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2022, 5:47 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 3:03 pm
Translation: Every thread that contains any thing less than total praise for Underwood is to be branded trolling.
These users thanked the author learnin for the post:
Wyocat

oscar

Post by oscar » March 20th, 2022, 6:22 pm

learnin wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 5:47 pm
wild@nite wrote:
Translation: Every thread that contains any thing less than total praise for Underwood is to be branded trolling.
Hey it's still part of the famous force theory that did in your hero :rofl: :rofl:
These users thanked the author oscar for the post:
Oldcat

kstfan88

Post by kstfan88 » March 20th, 2022, 6:37 pm

All I can say is, Underwood can’t beat Lou Henson’s stature at Illinois. Come to KSU, and he can become a legend

Also it’s Nijel, not Nigel or whatever new wrong spelling with a “y” learnin is using
Last edited by kstfan88 on March 20th, 2022, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kstfan88

Post by kstfan88 » March 20th, 2022, 6:41 pm

learnin wrote:
PNW Cat wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Robinett reported before the game that it'd likely be announced within 24 hours, and that the clubhouse seems to be trending towards Tang. He's the person most connected to the program (media-wise), so I believe that it is most likely him. I know some people on here don't trust him because he graduated from KU, but from what I've seen of him over the years, he's been pretty well connected and usually provides the most accurate inside sources of information. I think there could potentially be one last conversation with Brad since he ended up losing, but in all likelihood it's probably just a curtesy call. It just doesn't make sense money-wise from either party's standpoint, and from a recruiting standpoint, Underwood would be giving up a lot.
I didn’t see this report but I’m happy about it if is true. First of all, it would mean that the players are being asked about their preferences and that may mean keeping Nyjel. I think Tang will be highly popular with our current players, Shane might stay and I believe Tang will bring in some good talent.
Idk who the heck Nyjel is

Maybe you’re following the wrong team
These users thanked the author kstfan88 for the post:
Oldcat

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 20th, 2022, 6:42 pm

learnin wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 5:47 pm
wild@nite wrote:
Underwood isn't even my top choice. Nice try though. Keep trolling.