K-State vs. Nevada Game Thread

The defending Big XII Champions
emawecaw

Re: K-State vs. Nevada Game Thread

Post by emawecaw » September 18th, 2021, 7:35 pm

TheTulsaCat wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 4:37 pm
How was our overall play? Atmosphere at the Bill? Good/bad/meh
Overall play was excellent except Klieman's teams always seem to struggle in 3rd quarter. Ervin averaged 7.5 yards per carry and good to see him get more carries. Offensive line did a great job. I don't think we targeted Knowles once. Good crowd, although not quite as full as last week but I thought the crowd was quite a bit louder this week.

The new concessions and restrooms in south end zone are great and there is a LOT more variety of food options. However, even with a lot more concession stands, lines have been much longer this year.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » September 18th, 2021, 8:15 pm

emawecaw wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 7:35 pm
TheTulsaCat wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 4:37 pm
How was our overall play? Atmosphere at the Bill? Good/bad/meh
Overall play was excellent except Klieman's teams always seem to struggle in 3rd quarter. Ervin averaged 7.5 yards per carry and good to see him get more carries. Offensive line did a great job. I don't think we targeted Knowles once. Good crowd, although not quite as full as last week but I thought the crowd was quite a bit louder this week.

The new concessions and restrooms in south end zone are great and there is a LOT more variety of food options. However, even with a lot more concession stands, lines have been much longer this year.
Won't be surprised to see Knowles and Wright head for the door at seasons end.
These users thanked the author epicsnyder for the post:
gdgjr78
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » September 18th, 2021, 8:30 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 8:15 pm
emawecaw wrote:

I agree, but I sure hope not... We need big, physical players like them to compete for the conference.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » September 18th, 2021, 8:48 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
emawecaw wrote:

Wright, maybe, because he is buried on the depth chart. Although CK has always used 2 RBs heavily, so Wright is 1 injury away (heaven forbid) from being part of the mix.

Knowles is the unquestioned #1 WR at KSU, but it's in a running offense. They are trying to keep him involved with returns and running the ball. Maybe with Thompson back he will get more looks in the passing game. However, as we have seen with a #1 WR at KSU in Zuber, transferring might mean getting on a more pass happy team, but farther down in the pecking order.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 18th, 2021, 8:51 pm

this team wins, knowles isn't going anywhere. he would have left after last season.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » September 18th, 2021, 9:28 pm

tmcats wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 8:51 pm
this team wins, knowles isn't going anywhere. he would have left after last season.
If he believes he has nfl ability and he’s not getting the opportunity to showcase that ability, he will be gone, winning or not. Because at the end of the day he hopes to get a paycheck for playing. No one could blame him for that.

That’s if he believes he has that type of ability.

The D may be the best in the conference. The offensive backfield may also be the best in the conference. And offensive line may be the best in the conference. With very capable weapons in the receiving corps, if we had a qb who could really utilize those weapons, we’re in serious conversations as a conference title contender. If that were the case Malik would be going nowhere.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
Tbonespopepicsnyder

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » September 18th, 2021, 10:50 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
emawecaw wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about Wright. He did not get a single carry today. I would have liked to have seen him at least get the ball on the play toward the end of the game at the goal line. I watched his body language after Will went into the endzone -- it was not the same excited look that the other players had after we scored.

Deuce is our obvious #1 back, but he is carrying it 25 times a game. I don't want him beaten up by season's end. I hope our coaches give Wright a few more touches per game, before he gets too discouraged and decides to transfer. JMO.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 2):
Tbonespopepicsnyder
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 19th, 2021, 12:06 am

Wright needs to get 3-5 touches a game. I love Deuce and Irvin, but I also love Wright and don't want him to leave. he needs to get the ball at least 3-5 times a game and to be on the field. Hell, I'm frustrated for him.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » September 19th, 2021, 12:48 am

Tbonespop wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:06 am
Wright needs to get 3-5 touches a game. I love Deuce and Irvin, but I also love Wright and don't want him to leave. he needs to get the ball at least 3-5 times a game and to be on the field. Hell, I'm frustrated for him.
All 3 RB as sophomores. You think 3-5 touches a game is going to make him happy for his career? Baring injury, he is going to have to beat them out for more carries or he will be stuck at #3 for his career.

Having said that, CK did use a trio RBs in 2019, but none were as good as Deuce. In 2020, it was really down to 2.

2019:
Gilbert 141 carries
Brown 84 carries
Trotter 66 carries

2020 (in 10 games):
Vaughn 123 carries
Trotter 72 carries
Burns 13 carries

2021:
Vaughn 64 carries. At this rate, 256 for the season
Ervin 24 carries. At this rate, 96 for the season
Wright 4 carries. At this rate 16 for the season

They will probably have to slow down with Vaughn and give him a break, which means more for Ervin and Wright, but we shall see.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 19th, 2021, 1:35 am

I can tell you 0 touches for sure won't make him happy. Give the kid 3-5 touches a game and give him a shot to earn more touches. IF he gets 3-5 a game, then its 100% up to him to earn more touches. You give him 0 touches, and that's on the coaches. He's averaging 7.5 yards per carry on the season. Give the kid the damn ball once in a while.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 3):
PNW Catstlcatfanepicsnyder
EMAW