rajstat

Pick 'Em

Re: here we go again ...

Post by rajstat » September 13th, 2021, 10:39 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 9:42 pm
bhoovy wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 9:14 pm

When did he say that and what did he say?
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/sep/ ... -pursuit-/
Memphis would be an immediate improvement over them in football.
And, I maintain, we need KU to be in another conference. Let them go and get more money from them.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » September 13th, 2021, 11:52 pm

rajstat wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 10:39 pm
And, I maintain, we need KU to be in another conference. Let them go and get more money from them.
I don't care whether they get in the B1G, ACC, Pac 12, or the Sun Belt. I wish they'd go away. I personally don't think they deserve to be in the Big 12, and we should give them the boot. Make room for Memphis. Their football stadium and program are a joke. Teams in the Mountain West have better facilities.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » September 14th, 2021, 5:37 am

PNW Cat wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 11:52 pm
rajstat wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 10:39 pm

I don't care whether they get in the B1G, ACC, Pac 12, or the Sun Belt. I wish they'd go away. I personally don't think they deserve to be in the Big 12, and we should give them the boot. Make room for Memphis. Their football stadium and program are a joke. Teams in the Mountain West have better facilities.
Like you, I really don't care if KU goes to another conference. My concern is that their public desire to leave for the Big Ten will hurt the stability of the Big 12. If they leave, Memphis would be a good replacement down the road. I'm sure Memphis will try to improve their football stadium and their academics to make themselves more attractive to the Big 12, since they and Boise State would likely be the next two invited.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » September 14th, 2021, 9:23 am

PNW Cat wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 9:42 pm
bhoovy wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 9:14 pm

When did he say that and what did he say?
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/sep/ ... -pursuit-/
Eh, I don’t know. I’m absolutely no ku apologist, but did he necessarily say a whole lot different than many of the other existing members would say or be thinking anyway? He simply said they were looking to do what’s best for ku. Isn’t that what many on here are or were arguing KSU should do. Not really worried about anyone else, just secure your own spot in one of the other P5 conferences before this one collapses?

I really like what they’ve done with the additions. It’s certainly what I was hoping for moving forward. And I think it has enough potential to work itself right back up the ladder in the so-called P5 pecking order if they just take care of business on the field.

But how many schools do you think are absolutely committed to this new conference and continuing to build its brand? And how many would jump at an invite from one of the other 4?

WVU gone if the ACC came calling? OSU gone if they can join OU in the SEC or got a call from the Pac12? ISU gone if the B10 called? If Hocutt and Tech get a call from the Pac12 are they gone? And what if Taylor gets a call from the Pac12 or the ACC? Do you think he’s not pushing the university to leave? Are not many on here wanting him to make the move.

Ku is and always will be arrogant. Think much more highly of themselves than they should. But in the current reshuffling of realignment they are actually no factor. Maybe the AD should hold his cards a little closer to his chest, but not sure he didn’t say anything most the others aren’t or haven’t been at least thinking.

I just hope this new conference comes to fruition and then completely dominates like no one ever believed and then no one is talking about jumping but others may talk about joining. Just a dream? Maybe, but time will tell.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2021, 9:48 am

it would not be good if ku left the conference. first off, they're our rivals. second, it would be seen as another slap in the face for the conference. and third, we'd lose the only blue blood in any sport. that said, they may be a target for the big east, but the b10 makes zero sense to me financially, and that's what this is all about.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2021, 9:59 am

FORT WORTH
TCU will again be a conference member with Houston, Cincinnati, and BYU but before the Big 12 announced plans to expand the Horned Frogs were close to earning an invite to another league.

Some might say painfully close.

According to sources close to this latest conference round of major conference re-alignment, the Pac-12 targeted both the University of Houston and TCU as its preferred expansion candidates.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/ar ... 13023.html

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » September 14th, 2021, 10:05 am

tmcats wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 9:48 am
it would not be good if ku left the conference. first off, they're our rivals. second, it would be seen as another slap in the face for the conference. and third, we'd lose the only blue blood in any sport. that said, they may be a target for the big east, but the b10 makes zero sense to me financially, and that's what this is all about.
THE HARD PART, from an ego perspective, is that KU is OUR rival. we are not THEIR rival. that was always Mizzou.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2021, 10:17 am

it's true that missouri is ku's historical rival, but it's fantasy to suggest k-state isn't. always remember: "who is k-state?"

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » September 14th, 2021, 10:42 am

The games have been so one sided in football and basketball that it's hard to define it as a rivalry. I despise them like a rival, but mainly because they foster, practice, condone, and accept a culture of cheating, then their "mostly" t-shirt fanbase thumps their chests like they are better than everyone as people because of their bball team. It doesn't make them better, it makes them cheater lovers. That whole athletic department and administration is loaded with unethical people.

I have KU friends who always say, "Oh, like KState didn't cheat to get Beasley". Probably? The difference is, we don't build our program, for decades, around it. We don't condone it. Our athletic department isn't corrupt from the top down. Our coaches don't encourage it. I couldn't care less if they leave, but they are dumber than I thought if they do. The slime on the hill won't get the officiating love in another conference that they've received here. I wouldn't doubt that there isn't $ flowing there too.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanepicsnyder

Ozarkcat

Post by Ozarkcat » September 14th, 2021, 2:23 pm

I personally hope the "new" Big 12 thrives. I'm glad KSU didn't end up in the Pac-12. We don't fit culturally and neither does a few other of the "8".
These users thanked the author Ozarkcat for the post (total 3):
BamaCatPurpleOnWhitestlcatfan