Serious answers only please, medical question

The defending Big XII Champions
PurplePansyMan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Serious answers only please, medical question

Post by PurplePansyMan » June 21st, 2021, 1:17 pm

Please, serious replies only. I have sensitive bowels, I can’t help it.

I was celebrating Father’s Day in the park yesterday, love potato salad and ate more than I should. Does anyone else get diarrhea from potato salad? Do you think it’s the pepper?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 21st, 2021, 1:24 pm

serious question, is a jayhawk a mythical bird or just a cartoonishly odd dream that came to reality as a university mascot resulting from some pothead fraternity dope's aftermath back in the day?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » June 21st, 2021, 1:55 pm

PurplePansyMan wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 1:17 pm

I was celebrating Father’s Day in the park yesterday, love potato salad and ate more than I should. Does anyone else get diarrhea from potato salad? Do you think it’s the pepper?
I had the same issue. Then I took a big Jayhawk and felt better.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 21st, 2021, 4:33 pm

katlander wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 1:55 pm
PurplePansyMan wrote:

I had the same issue. Then I took a big Jayhawk and felt better.
Maybe we should go easy on PansyMan. He is probably just butt hurt that we have beaten his team for 12 (or is it 13?) years in a row. :D
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » June 22nd, 2021, 4:24 pm

PurplePansyMan wrote:

Serious questions deserve serious answers. I believe you have ulcerative colitis and need to go on biweekly Humira injections. Please see your gastroenterologist asap, the wrong diagnosis could mean a slow painful decline.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
stlcatfan

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » June 23rd, 2021, 8:55 pm

I remember my day of getting violently ill from eating potato salad.

It was an office party. One gal made "her specialty" potato salad . A dozen people got the runs and upchucking. Including Moi.

Sleuthing the incident in question it was found she brought the potato salad in the morning. Left it in a hot car until lunch and added it to the spread.

The mayonnaise spoiled and gave everyone a giant dose of food poisoning.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 23rd, 2021, 11:03 pm

RichardZ wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 8:55 pm
I remember my day of getting violently ill from eating potato salad.

It was an office party. One gal made "her specialty" potato salad . A dozen people got the runs and upchucking. Including Moi.

Sleuthing the incident in question it was found she brought the potato salad in the morning. Left it in a hot car until lunch and added it to the spread.

The mayonnaise spoiled and gave everyone a giant dose of food poisoning.
Yikes!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » June 23rd, 2021, 11:30 pm

If it was store bought mayo, it was not the mayo but the other ingredients. Someone told me a few years ago that mayo did not spoil. I did not believe him and looked it up. It was not the mayo unless she made it herself. Now the other ingredients are another matter. It was probably the potatoes.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/mayonnais ... ty-1808083

https://news.ncsu.edu/2018/05/summer-food-safety-myths/
Win the dang day!

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » June 27th, 2021, 10:23 am

"Cooking with mayonnaise creates and expands upon many recipes. By removing the mayonnaise from your refrigerator, you begin the process of heating the mayonnaise. Leaving mayonnaise at room temperature for a short amount of time does not actively effect your health from harmful bacteria. However, leaving mayonnaise out for an extended period of time, an hour or more, increases your chance of growing harmful bacteria in your mayonnaise" Healthcare website

You may be right. I found a number of articles saying what you said. Then there was this along with other soures giving warnings.

I think the office poisoning was in the summer months or at least I remember it was hot. It was also the day Princess Diana's funeral. Maybe the superheated car created the bacteria at a faster rate.

So, whatever caused it. It was hell.

Oh, and I do remember one time we had an obviously spoiled jar of mayo. My wife told me it was my fault because I use the same spoon to pick out olives, or herring or pickles and then scoop out mayo. The other ingredients taint the mayo. I dont argue with my wife....
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke