Trotter

The defending Big XII Champions
Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Re: Trotter

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » September 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Coah K said they were going to use QB run more but after the hit near the goalline that went out of the game plan. My guess is they will use Wright more for up the middle when he is available. At this point, they will have to attack the outside more with Deuce and QB runs for the middle if we can't get any better control of the line than we do. If QB run is out, we are in trouble. A one/two of wright and deuce would be awesome. Not getting down too much for this season as most of our talent is young. I know its not an excuse but the potential down the road looks very good at the skill positions.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2020, 1:38 pm

iowa state had two players out Saturday. k-state had 23. it hard to be patient losing to arky state. but the reality is that was not the k-state team that ck will be fielding against Oklahoma.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » September 14th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Running in the middle will likely be adversely effected by the center position status. I looked at my son when our #1 went out early in the game and said, "That is not good". Do not underestimate the impact of an inexperienced line losing their scheme caller early, then losing his backup.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » September 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm

tmcats wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:38 pm
iowa state had two players out Saturday. k-state had 23. it hard to be patient losing to arky state. but the reality is that was not the k-state team that ck will be fielding against Oklahoma.
Wasn’t our opponent missing half their starting lineup?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Watutalkaboutwillis wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Coah K said they were going to use QB run more but after the hit near the goalline that went out of the game plan. My guess is they will use Wright more for up the middle when he is available. At this point, they will have to attack the outside more with Deuce and QB runs for the middle if we can't get any better control of the line than we do. If QB run is out, we are in trouble. A one/two of wright and deuce would be awesome. Not getting down too much for this season as most of our talent is young. I know its not an excuse but the potential down the road looks very good at the skill positions.

i was so looking forward to seeing wright play. what's his injury?

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » September 14th, 2020, 3:08 pm

tmcats wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Watutalkaboutwillis wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm

i was so looking forward to seeing wright play. what's his injury?
I know the staff is saying he's dinged up but more than 1 person that covers KSU has insinuated he is also in the doghouse. For what I have no clue
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2020, 3:17 pm

well, wright had a minor run-in with the rcpd over the summer. and he had some trouble in high school as well. needs to mature.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » September 14th, 2020, 5:02 pm

How many times does the coaching staff have to see Trotter run up the middle for no gain before they try something else?
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » September 14th, 2020, 8:28 pm

They didn’t have quite a few the week before but KState they were pretty much whole except for a few receivers
Hypeman wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm
tmcats wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:38 pm
Wasn’t our opponent missing half their starting lineup?

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » September 14th, 2020, 8:28 pm

RichardZ wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 5:02 pm
How many times does the coaching staff have to see Trotter run up the middle for no gain before they try something else?
Apparently quite few. I always wondered why there wasn’t an independent voice in the coaching box that’s willing to say “coach, maybe you ought to trash that part of your plan!” Or, “coach, xyz is getting separation almost every play. Why don’t you target him?” I mean, if it’s obvious to us, why doesn’t the coordinator see it?