another ranking ... we suck ...

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: another ranking ... we suck ...

Post by wild@nite » August 1st, 2020, 2:36 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 11:15 am
klieman's the head coach. he loves this offensive style. i watched the bison run all over k-state using it. that winning smash-mouth drive was a thing of beauty. ck believes, in the end, the other guy just wears out. navy did too as that game closed. we'd have won but for the trick play. if a.j. parker's at corner, navy never pulls that off.

and as to iowa's comment:

Offensive coordinators are not blameless, however, it never ceases to amaze me how much praise or rubbish is thrown their way depending on how well their teams execute.

k-state offensive coordinators always catch hell, always, when the offense underperforms but seldom if ever get credit when it excels. this goes back to dimel, miller, hudson, and now messingham. fans are just relentless. and the head coach is seldom responsible for some reason?

Think you're missing the point. We didnt need to be in a 1 score game with Navy. NDSU had to play that way to beat us. Huge, huge difference. Playing "grind" it out when you could be beating someone by 2-3 scores and force them out of their run, ru , run scheme is, well.... stupid.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » August 1st, 2020, 2:40 pm

ksustars754 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:02 pm
The selective memory of NDSU running all over KState in 2013 is silly. They did run the ball well but the way some people talk about it makes it seem like it was pure domination. The Cats were up 21-7 and simply thought the Bison would fold. They didn’t and they won the game. It was a good win by them, nothing against that. I think after DSams TD, KState gained like 50 yards of offense.

I don’t know what to say about it being Kliemans offense or style either.
Yep. We quit attacking to score and it bit us in the ass. That is coaching. Some people just can't handle coach criticism, but it's deserving in the Navy games, NDSU game, and Vandy game. Clear OC and HC failures in those games and I bet you anything, they'd be the first to admit it when they watched film.
Last edited by wild@nite on August 1st, 2020, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » August 1st, 2020, 6:18 pm

The O coordinator called a lousy game against Navy. Snyder was his usual self against NDSU and got too comfy/conservative and tried to just run out the clock. Vandy was another lousy offensive calls game, blame goes to OC and Snyder, with a little help from the SEC replay booth. The all time OC/Snyder horror show was the home loss to Marshall when our walk-on backup QB had twice as many carries as Darren Sproles.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 1st, 2020, 6:50 pm

i think some of you need a jolt to help you remember how bad that second half bison ass-kick was for k-state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjMR8QJJ8-k
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » August 1st, 2020, 7:47 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 6:50 pm
i think some of you need a jolt to help you remember how bad that second half bison ass-kick was for k-state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjMR8QJJ8-k
No. Remember well. Up 21-7, at home, and we went brain dead with no balance in our play calling. NDSU took advantage. And... im certainly not watching that sh*t show again.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » August 2nd, 2020, 8:11 am

"When a just above average team graduates 8 of their 9 line starters, it takes a kool aid guzzler to have high expectations for them."

I guess that is the 'glass half empty approach'. The 'glass half full approach' means that those average players are gone. Perhaps the replacements will be better.....
These users thanked the author RichardZ for the post:
tmcats
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 2nd, 2020, 10:13 am

i wish i had the patience to pull up some of these dudes' forecasts before last season. it's the same ole cabal. wash, rinse, repeat. my view: this year's k-state team is going to be really good, better than last. that 'great experienced 2019 line' was a myth narrative.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » August 2nd, 2020, 11:07 am

Most of us agree. That's why I don't give a dang what these writers say. Doesn't bother me one iota. Let them look dumb again. Big deal

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » August 2nd, 2020, 11:42 am

tmcats wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 10:13 am
i wish i had the patience to pull up some of these dudes' forecasts before last season. it's the same ole cabal. wash, rinse, repeat. my view: this year's k-state team is going to be really good, better than last. that 'great experienced 2019 line' was a myth narrative.
Great point on the “Great 2019 line.” As you and others have started, our best OL was Rivas and he returns this year.

While Gilbert and Brown were solid, I’m not worried about the RB core this year either. Ervin and Jacardia look perfect as a combo 1-2 for the next few years.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » August 2nd, 2020, 4:32 pm

wild@nite wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 5:19 am
iowa_wildcat wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 4:08 am
Offensive coordinators are not blameless, however, it never ceases to amaze me how much praise or rubbish is thrown their way depending on how well their teams execute.
I agree, however, the bowl game had zero to do with execution. Go back and watch again. I've not talked to any other football coaches that disagree that we were dead set on running it when the passing game was there. We had a game plan, Navy stopped it and we were too stubborn to adjust, until the 4th qtr. When we did, we flew right down the field for a TD to take the lead. We were 2 TDs better than Navy, but played 3 qtrs trying to force our run game when Navy was geared up to stop it. That ain't lack of execution. That's not taking what the defense is giving you. It was there. Again, go back and watch the game if you don't believe me.
The bowl game highlighted perhaps Messinghams greatest weakness imo. He struggles to adjust his game plan if the defense is successful at stopping his initial scheme. The Navy game was a painful example of it, it was obvious Navy was geared to stop the run and KSU had playmakers outside capable of getting chunk plays consistently. That game left a real bad taste in my mouth
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"