No P5 OOC Games

The defending Big XII Champions
AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

No P5 OOC Games

Post by AJcat7755 » July 30th, 2020, 4:15 pm

Every P5 has pretty much can cancelled non-con games, although some with a few caveats like the ACC only allowing 1, but it has to be at home. Which means, Vandy returning to KSU isn't going to happen. They will either have to pay $1 million to cancel, schedule the game in the future (KSU has a P5 already until 2032), or both sides could agree to walk away.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 30th, 2020, 4:46 pm

k-state and vandy will work this out. what's more interesting are schools like northern Iowa which is scheduled at Iowa. now, northern Iowa depends on that paycheck and I'm sure they aren't cancelling themselves. but the b10 says nope to ooc games. what happens with that one? or with us if the b12 does that and k-state has buffalo scheduled as the opener.

frankly, i don't get cancelling ooc games but playing in-conference. like, the ooc teams are more likely to c'virus us than texas or txt? i don't think so.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 30th, 2020, 5:11 pm

tmcats wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 4:46 pm

frankly, i don't get cancelling ooc games but playing in-conference. like, the ooc teams are more likely to c'virus us than texas or txt? i don't think so.
Same here. It has never made sense to me, unless they are just trying to buy time with the hope that the COVID case numbers will dramatically drop in that extra month or being able to extend practices into the fall due to the issues of workouts being forced to stop with so many cases among the players in June and July.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 30th, 2020, 5:40 pm

tmcats wrote:
k-state and vandy will work this out. what's more interesting are schools like northern Iowa which is scheduled at Iowa. now, northern Iowa depends on that paycheck and I'm sure they aren't cancelling themselves. but the b10 says nope to ooc games. what happens with that one? or with us if the b12 does that and k-state has buffalo scheduled as the opener.

The school that cancels it has to pay unless it's a joint decisions to cancel it. Which is why KSU could hold Vandy to paying for the game. With KSU's schedule booked with P5s till 2032, there is no real point in rescheduling 12+ years from now, or playing 2 P5 in a year. I say make Vandy pay, it's the least they can do the terrible game in Nashville.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 30th, 2020, 8:09 pm

With each conference going off and doing its own thing (i.e., conference games only, playing all 12 games, or cancelling the fall season altogether), when does the NCAA step in to try to bring some order out of the coming chaos? Or do they step in at all?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 5:40 pm
tmcats wrote:

The school that cancels it has to pay unless it's a joint decisions to cancel it. Which is why KSU could hold Vandy to paying for the game. With KSU's schedule booked with P5s till 2032, there is no real point in rescheduling 12+ years from now, or playing 2 P5 in a year. I say make Vandy pay, it's the least they can do the terrible game in Nashville.
having written many contracts in my prior life, I know they're not all alike. and one would think they would be written differently between power 5 schools than lower levels. we don't know the language. if they have force majuere clauses, a good argument can be made that no one is due a dime.

Force Majeure Clauses Generally
A force majeure clause is a contractual provision which excuses one or both parties’ performance obligations when circumstances arise which are beyond the parties’ control and make performance of the contract impractical or impossible.[1]
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » July 30th, 2020, 8:49 pm

tmcats wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 5:40 pm

having written many contracts in my prior life, I know they're not all alike. and one would think they would be written differently between power 5 schools than lower levels. we don't know the language. if they have force majuere clauses, a good argument can be made that no one is due a dime.

Force Majeure Clauses Generally
A force majeure clause is a contractual provision which excuses one or both parties’ performance obligations when circumstances arise which are beyond the parties’ control and make performance of the contract impractical or impossible.[1]
I believe this is the case with most of these games as you see schools that were going to get paid claiming they are losing out. I suspect if Vandy game is cancelled we don’t get paid.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » July 30th, 2020, 10:22 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 8:09 pm
With each conference going off and doing its own thing (i.e., conference games only, playing all 12 games, or cancelling the fall season altogether), when does the NCAA step in to try to bring some order out of the coming chaos? Or do they step in at all?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The toothless, spineless NCAA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: stepping in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to bring order :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Like they did with the Miami call girl scandal? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or the North Carolina academic fraud case? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or the Duke vs KU bidding war for Zion? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or bring the hammer down on Bruce Pearl, Sean Miller, Dollar Bill down the road, etc ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm sorry. I think I just peed myself.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » July 31st, 2020, 9:55 am

if Vandy gets off free , what a ripoff, we should force them to reschedule I don't care how far into the future we have to go, we could easily juggle our future schedules because EVERYONE is going to be juggling schedules due to what is happening this year

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » July 31st, 2020, 10:10 am

wazucat wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 9:55 am
if Vandy gets off free , what a ripoff, we should force them to reschedule I don't care how far into the future we have to go, we could easily juggle our future schedules because EVERYONE is going to be juggling schedules due to what is happening this year
If Vandy has to pay us, then I think I need paid for my ticket, gas, hotel, and food for driving 10 hours to Nashville for that $@%!show. What a joke that performance was!! I remember telling my son. "Watch, Snyder will apologize to fans tomorrow." Bingo.... Another game where our OC was brain dead and the HC needed to rip his headset away. Still can't believe we got beat by that garbage team. What an embarrassing day to have to listen to "SEC" on the way out of the stadium after just handing them the game. I want revenge!

No need to reimburse me for the beverage. I enjoyed my time on Broadway.