FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

For the most part, this board's a free for all. Don't say I didn't warn you...
kstatefan1863

Re: FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 29th, 2020, 12:29 am

Tbonespop wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:14 am
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:00 am

I'm not going to be bullied into supporting your creepy fascination with what they listen to. You sexual reference is very offensive as well.
Ok I’ll be nicer since you’re obviously pretty sensitive. First, I never said anything about rap music, YOU did. That’s where your mind went, not mine. There very well could be some country or rock music the kids listen to that’s inappropriate.
I never said rap music. And I'm not sensitive, I just think you're very immature. I'm offended that fellow Wildcats resort to that kind of behavior when someone expresses views that differ from theirs. It's just sad, really.

Opensource

Post by Opensource » June 29th, 2020, 6:51 am

stlcatfan wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 10:41 pm
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 9:30 pm

This is the ex police officer that is trying to disprove that white privilege exists, isn't it? If so, I'll pass. I grew up in KCMO, and I know for a fact that white privilege is very much real. If you don't believe me go walking around the east side of the city and try to find anywhere to get medical care or groceries. This is where the African American's were segregated to a long time ago, and I can tell you that they never really had a chance to get out of that situation. You have every right to listen to this man and believe that his experiences and views represents how all African American's should feel, but I'd urge you to dig a little deeper.
With all due respect, "white privilege" is a myth. It was a term made up years ago by a white feminist college professor.

Privilege is an individual thing. If you have a Black kid born into a wealthy family and a White kid born into a family living below the poverty line, who will have more "privilege" growing up? The kid in the wealthy family will have better health care, live in a safer neighborhood, go to better schools, etc. Now you can make the argument that in general, White kids are better off economically, but to make a blanket statement and say someone has privilege solely on the basis of one's race is wrong.
Plenty of evidence of structural racism. If you think people have equal opportunity you are not looking at any data. It isn’t just socioeconomic. Look it up. For example, do you know what red lining is?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 29th, 2020, 8:14 am

Opensource wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:51 am
stlcatfan wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 10:41 pm

With all due respect, "white privilege" is a myth. It was a term made up years ago by a white feminist college professor.

Privilege is an individual thing. If you have a Black kid born into a wealthy family and a White kid born into a family living below the poverty line, who will have more "privilege" growing up? The kid in the wealthy family will have better health care, live in a safer neighborhood, go to better schools, etc. Now you can make the argument that in general, White kids are better off economically, but to make a blanket statement and say someone has privilege solely on the basis of one's race is wrong.
Plenty of evidence of structural racism. If you think people have equal opportunity you are not looking at any data. It isn’t just socioeconomic. Look it up. For example, do you know what red lining is?
Red lining and other forms of racial discrimination have been illegal for more than 50 years. Does discrimination still happen in housing, schools, workplaces, etc.? Certainly. But now minorities can legally seek redress for discrimination.

That being said, you side-stepped my argument about "white privilege." I am a middle class white guy. So who grew up with more privilege? My son or Michael Jordan's son? "White privilege" is a myth.

One more quick example. Say you have two kids, one Black, one White. They are both applying for the last spot to get into a selective Ivy League school. They have similar resumes, grades, service, etc. Who is more likely to get that last spot? I think we both know the answer to that question. A lot of selective schools' acceptance is based on a point system. In many cases, Blacks receive extra points simply for being Black (even if they were not poor and disadvantaged), while Whites do not. Asians have actually had points deducted, simply because they are Asian. If you want discrimination, there you go.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 8:45 am

White privilege is not the suggestion that white people have never struggled. Many white people do not enjoy the privileges that come with relative affluence, such as food security. Many do not experience the privileges that come with access, such as nearby hospitals.

And white privilege is not the assumption that everything a white person has accomplished is unearned; most white people who have reached a high level of success worked extremely hard to get there.
"The peculiar office of a demagogue is to advance his own interests, by affecting a deep devotion to the interests of the people. .”

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 29th, 2020, 9:22 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 8:45 am
White privilege is not the suggestion that white people have never struggled. Many white people do not enjoy the privileges that come with relative affluence, such as food security. Many do not experience the privileges that come with access, such as nearby hospitals.

And white privilege is not the assumption that everything a white person has accomplished is unearned; most white people who have reached a high level of success worked extremely hard to get there.
Which goes back to my original point; privilege is an individual thing and is not based on skin color. A wealthy person of ANY race will automatically have more privilege than a middle class or poor person of any race.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 29th, 2020, 9:48 am

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:29 am
Tbonespop wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:14 am

Ok I’ll be nicer since you’re obviously pretty sensitive. First, I never said anything about rap music, YOU did. That’s where your mind went, not mine. There very well could be some country or rock music the kids listen to that’s inappropriate.
I never said rap music. And I'm not sensitive, I just think you're very immature. I'm offended that fellow Wildcats resort to that kind of behavior when someone expresses views that differ from theirs. It's just sad, really.
1863, i appreciate your level approach in presenting a different argument. for some of us, the point is not white privilege (we lived in leawood for 20 years) or rap music (i have a black grandson), it's that some internet troll has caused this chaos. he doesn't represent my views, and i'm a conservative. i find his message and tone appalling.

what bothers me and others is the reaction. there are bad people in the world - far more of them than saints. we don't deal with them by shutting down the system but rather shutting them down.

how players can turn on chris lowery and brian anderson, chris klieman and bruce weber, because they are offended by a simpleminded troll is stupifying. tear the teams apart. tear the school apart. totally, disintegrate all that has been done by their fans because feelings are hurt over some azzhat ticking off rubbish on mom's pc?

it's absurd. and that's why many of us are so irritated with wyatt hubert, justin hughes, christina carr, and dajuan gordan. they're not showing leadership, they're cowering to a troll.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

jeffmax26

Post by jeffmax26 » June 29th, 2020, 9:57 am

We keep moving the parameters to what "white privilege" is. It is an idea to create division and a catalyst for a social agenda. End of story. In the meantime, we avoid talking about real issues such as school choice, falling apart low-income housing, black on black crime, drugs, illegal gun trade, sex trafficking...the list could go on and on. The "White Privilege" idea came from a very privileged college professor in the 80s. Sorry, but indoctrination is a thing.

Here is a little information about her thoughts on privilege in 2014: "As privilege-checking has become mainstream it’s been interpreted more broadly and more literally. In 2014, McIntosh revisited the term and, to her original focus on gender and “whiteness,” she added: “one’s place in the birth order, or your body type, or your athletic abilities, or your relationship to written and spoken words, or your parents’ places of origin, or your parents’ relationship to education and to English, or what is projected onto your religious or ethnic background.” Elsewhere, we’re told about short person privilege and hair privilege."

See the slippery slope? Most everyone is privileged in one way or another so to lecture others on privilege based on race is racist in itself.
Kids and some adults do not need any more places to shed blame. "I am not successful because of the white man". Our society has come a long way and creating a division with this loaded phrase to push a social agenda is selfish. Why won't liberals and Democrats take up school choice? This should be top on their list to give blacks opportunities to attend schools that "privileged whites" get to attend. Ah...why don't they do that....think....follow the money...It would take money away from Public Schools. So basically, money is more important than equal opportunities.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 10:37 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 8:45 am

"The peculiar office of a demagogue is to advance his own interests, by affecting a deep devotion to the interests of the people. .”

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 10:40 am

tmcats wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 9:48 am
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:29 am

1863, i appreciate your level approach in presenting a different argument. for some of us, the point is not white privilege (we lived in leawood for 20 years) or rap music (i have a black grandson), it's that some internet troll has caused this chaos. he doesn't represent my views, and i'm a conservative. i find his message and tone appalling.

what bothers me and others is the reaction. there are bad people in the world - far more of them than saints. we don't deal with them by shutting down the system but rather shutting them down.

how players can turn on chris lowery and brian anderson, chris klieman and bruce weber, because they are offended by a simpleminded troll is stupifying. tear the teams apart. tear the school apart. totally, disintegrate all that has been done by their fans because feelings are hurt over some azzhat ticking off rubbish on mom's pc?

it's absurd. and that's why many of us are so irritated with wyatt hubert, justin hughes, christina carr, and dajuan gordan. they're not showing leadership, they're cowering to a troll.
Are they "turning on" their coaches? Are they "tearing the team apart"?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 29th, 2020, 10:42 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 10:40 am
tmcats wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 9:48 am

Are they "turning on" their coaches? Are they "tearing the team apart"?

Yes.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK