FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

For the most part, this board's a free for all. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Tbonespop
Posts: 1992
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Re: FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

Post by Tbonespop » June 28th, 2020, 11:51 pm

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 10:57 pm
I think it's sad that when someone has a different viewpoint on here they're accused of virtue-signaling. Thats just immature. On the other hand, other people on here have accused these kids of being racist because, without any proof, they assume they listen to racist music, and they're praised. In what world is it ok to attack kids and accuse them of being racist just because they are sticking up for themselves? That's a rhetorical questions, if you prefer to victim blame (or assume since they are black that they must listen to racist music, which is an extremely racist viewpoint), that's your prerogative. Others on here talk down on them and assume they don't have what it takes to create change. They assume they'll fold under the pressure. I guess some people are ignoring the reports that this is a very peaceful boycott, and that it appears the players, coaches, and administrators are working through this together with open minds. I'm hopeful that this all ends well. If the article I posted earlier was any indication, I think it'll be over soon.
BTW, our family is a mixed race family. Just FYI There's a reason I know what many kids listen to these days.

kstatefan1863
Posts: 38
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 28th, 2020, 11:53 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:45 pm
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 9:39 pm


I disagree. If racist music was being "pumped into their heads" and you're so sure of it, perhaps you can show your work. If they're listening to music that they perceive as being racist, it would be rational to believe that we'd see them make racist comments on social media, would it not? Have you experienced any of the team being racist?
Tell them to post'em up! Lets see their play lists. I'm not on twitter (I'm not a twit). I don't follow the players on social media. If they don't have anything that is an issue, then post them up, all of them. Lets see it. Simple solution.
Ok you don't actually have any proof that they're racist or have racist music, as you suggested. Got it.

Tbonespop
Posts: 1992
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Post by Tbonespop » June 28th, 2020, 11:53 pm

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:51 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:41 pm


Ok, so listening (purchasing) or paying a subscription to download music with racism in it all of which is "supportive" of racist songs isn't racist? Ok, got it. Not much sense in having more discussions. Intellectual integrity score = 0 points....

You are missing my point. The players don't like what the student did. Fair. I don't like what the student did either. In fact, I hate what the student did. Threatening to boycott playing isn't the right protocol to make change. There are plenty of other productive ways to do it.
You're not providing any proof that any of them have bought or downloaded any racist music. You sound you're trying to assume they do because they're black, which I hope you aren't because that is so racist. I find it very offensive that you're grading my intellectual integrity. I have to ask, are you old enough to be on here?

Sure there have been other ways for them to deal with this. That is a logical argument. I agree with the team though, because I don't think the old ways have worked.
We have an adoptive child who is black. You accusing me of being racist?

Tbonespop
Posts: 1992
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Post by Tbonespop » June 28th, 2020, 11:55 pm

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:53 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:45 pm


Tell them to post'em up! Lets see their play lists. I'm not on twitter (I'm not a twit). I don't follow the players on social media. If they don't have anything that is an issue, then post them up, all of them. Lets see it. Simple solution.
Ok you don't actually have any proof that they're racist or have racist music, as you suggested. Got it.
Post em up? How long we going to run this circle jerk? I got all night. Lets see the play lists. Get on your little twitter feed and ask the players what music they like.

kstatefan1863
Posts: 38
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 28th, 2020, 11:58 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:53 pm
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:51 pm


You're not providing any proof that any of them have bought or downloaded any racist music. You sound you're trying to assume they do because they're black, which I hope you aren't because that is so racist. I find it very offensive that you're grading my intellectual integrity. I have to ask, are you old enough to be on here?

Sure there have been other ways for them to deal with this. That is a logical argument. I agree with the team though, because I don't think the old ways have worked.
We have an adoptive child who is black. You accusing me of being racist?
That's how it seems based off what you said. You accused these players of being racist because of their music. I know for a fact that not all black people listen to music that you probably refer to as racist. It's a generalization, and where I'm from it would be considered racist.

jeffmax26
Posts: 50
Joined: December 9th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Post by jeffmax26 » June 29th, 2020, 12:00 am

Blanketing one group is racist or stereotyping at the least (regardless of what group). Did you know, based on assumed merits (wealth), Indians are the most privileged group in America? If we said "Indian Privilege", would that be a problem? Asians are second and then whites are third. So to say "White Privilege" may be correct in comparison to blacks who are in 8th.....But let's go further with this idea:
Also, in front and more "privileged" than blacks are Middle Easterners, Native Hawaiians, Hispanics, and Native Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... old_income

So this idea of "White Privilege" is frustratingly stupid and racist in its own sense. Has America failed blacks, hell yeah we have, but look at the leaders in those cities. Who are they? Democrats. Yup, that is right. Do some research on this and you will see that this is a trend. Own it. Admit it and you will get many more ears. Heck, Tim Scott tried to pass legislation on police reform and the Democrats punted it. He even suggested adding amendments....no go.

Now, before Covid-19, real progress was being made. This chart shows that progress: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Facts don't lie.
Last edited by jeffmax26 on June 29th, 2020, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kstatefan1863
Posts: 38
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 29th, 2020, 12:00 am

Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:55 pm
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:53 pm


Ok you don't actually have any proof that they're racist or have racist music, as you suggested. Got it.
Post em up? How long we going to run this circle jerk? I got all night. Lets see the play lists. Get on your little twitter feed and ask the players what music they like.
I'm not going to be bullied into supporting your creepy fascination with what they listen to. You sexual reference is very offensive as well.

Tbonespop
Posts: 1992
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Post by Tbonespop » June 29th, 2020, 12:14 am

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:00 am
Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:55 pm


Post em up? How long we going to run this circle jerk? I got all night. Lets see the play lists. Get on your little twitter feed and ask the players what music they like.
I'm not going to be bullied into supporting your creepy fascination with what they listen to. You sexual reference is very offensive as well.
Ok I’ll be nicer since you’re obviously pretty sensitive. First, I never said anything about rap music, YOU did. That’s where your mind went, not mine. There very well could be some country or rock music the kids listen to that’s inappropriate.

Tbonespop
Posts: 1992
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Post by Tbonespop » June 29th, 2020, 12:17 am

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:58 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 11:53 pm


We have an adoptive child who is black. You accusing me of being racist?
That's how it seems based off what you said. You accused these players of being racist because of their music. I know for a fact that not all black people listen to music that you probably refer to as racist. It's a generalization, and where I'm from it would be considered racist.
Where did i ever refer to Black people music? That’s your mind track. Could have easily been country or even rock. I don’t know where your from. But you are highly assumptive.

I’ll just let this go. I think the point has been made.

kstatefan1863
Posts: 38
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 29th, 2020, 12:18 am

jeffmax26 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:00 am
Blanketing one group is racist or stereotyping at the least (regardless of what group). Did you know, based on assumed merits (wealth), Indians are the most privileged group in America? If we said "Indian Privilege", would that be a problem? Asians are second and then whites are third. So to say "White Privilege" may be correct in comparison to blacks who are in 8th.....But let's go further with this idea:
Also, in front and more "privileged" than blacks are Middle Easterners, Native Hawaiians, Hispanics, and Native Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... old_income

So this idea of "White Privilege" is frustratingly stupid and racist in its own sense. Has America failed blacks, hell yeah we have, but look at the leaders in those cities. Who are they? Democrats. Yup, that is right. Do some research on this and you will see that this is a trend. Own it. Admit it and you will get many more ears. Heck, Tim Scott tried to pass legislation on police reform and the Democrats punted it. He even suggested adding amendments....no go.

Now, before Covid-19, real progress was being made. This chart shows that progress: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Facts don't lie.
I believe white privilege is a very real thing. It's just the recognition that African American's, for the most part, have not had the same opportunities that white people have had. And yes, I obviously agree that large cities are run by democrats and that the black communities in those cities are suffering. Some of it is their fault, sure, but Mayors can't fix problems that are this big on their own though. As for the police reform, what they proposed wasn't nearly good enough. It needs to be better before they move on to the next phase.

Post Reply