Stadiums no more than 50% in Texas

The defending Big XII Champions
Zoltar

Stadiums no more than 50% in Texas

Post by Zoltar » June 12th, 2020, 10:12 pm

I think we will see lots more of this moving forward. My question is if you have more than 50% season tickets how do they decide who can go to what game?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 180765001/
Win the dang day!

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » June 13th, 2020, 8:48 am

I don’t necessarily think this will hold up but if we do have a situation where all college stadiums are at ___% capacity, I hope they dont do a blanket “only season ticket holders.” I have season tickets but that’d be pure sillyness to not allow, for example, a dad/son to go to a game after playing a Friday night high school game (my experience growing up).

It is dependent on what that X% turns out to be, but I don’t see it being overly difficult to have season ticket holders commit Y/N to a game at some point before (1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks). Then if it’s N, AD buys their tickets back (obvi at a much lower price bc it’s not certain they’ll be able to sell them) and sell to the public. If they can’t sell them, then donate to military or someone else.

That was my Saturday morning brain pre-breakfast so it may suck as an idea but they have all summer to figure out all of the contingencies.

Edit: Also I misread Zoltars post so I’m an idiot haha.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » June 13th, 2020, 10:19 am

My question is if OU or Texas is coming to town and everyone wants to go to the game, we have 40K+ season ticketholders and we can only let in 25K fans. How do they decide who has to miss the game? Do they rotate game to game basically giving people a 1/2 season ticket? What if you usually take a group of people to games? Does it go by who bought the tickets as a group?
Win the dang day!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2020, 10:42 am

well, you can have my season ticket because i'm not going to any games before we get vaccinated, which is most likely december give or take a month or two. and i'm sure i'm not alone in this conclusion.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 13th, 2020, 2:50 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 10:42 am
well, you can have my season ticket because i'm not going to any games before we get vaccinated, which is most likely december give or take a month or two. and i'm sure i'm not alone in this conclusion.
And that will likely be part of the solution. Not all season ticket holders will be comfortable going into a packed stadium during a pandemic. Younger fans won't care as much since it appears this virus has little or no effect on most of them. By this fall, we may have herd immunity anyway. Time will tell.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » June 13th, 2020, 3:46 pm

I agree. I think in the end, the biggest solution to lowering the amount of people, will be people deciding not to go on their own. Plenty of people, especially your crowd 50 & above are going to choose to watch it from home instead. KSU just needs to figure out before hand who isn't going & how best to reimburse those for the tickets.

And what happens to opposing team fans? Most of the teams come from cities with a lot more Covid cases than Manhattan or Kansas(when comparing states). Limit or Ban altogether?

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » June 13th, 2020, 4:49 pm

That is a very good point. I would suspect that no one will allow the out of town teams fans in if they cross state lines.

It would be easiest for the university to tell ticketholders which seats are good for what game and then the fans decide if they go or not. The fan would be on the hook for the tickets. This is just going to be a mess.
Win the dang day!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2020, 6:39 pm

my guess is that visitors will be under the same restrictions as k-state fans.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 15th, 2020, 10:20 am

My guess is if they have to limit attendance, they are going to go by Ahearn priority. I can't see them wanting to piss off the top donors by telling them they can't go to games. Your going to piss off fans no matter what you do, but best to piss off the ones that give the least amount of $$ to the university.

Now the problem with that is that those are mostly in certain sections. So to spread out fans, are you going to have to make people sit in worse seats then they are used to?

Personally, if this happens, and I was somehow picked to go to games, I'm not going if COVID is still an issue. Also means the secondary market of tickets is going to go up because of the limited supply of tickets, so it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I wanted to stay safe, and at least break even on the cost of the tickets.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » June 15th, 2020, 10:28 am

I can tell you from experience that you will not break even selling your tickets if you include the apportioned donation amount. People always think 'face value', if there is this, is what they will pay. They want to sit in donor seats that require a $1500 a year per seat donation and expect to pay north endzone prices.

The total cost of my seats was at least $150 a game, per seat. You will not get this for very many games.
Win the dang day!