Ezeagu can play immediately this upcoming season

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Re: Ezeagu can play immediately this upcoming season

Post by gdgjr78 » May 31st, 2020, 1:02 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Just watching a few clips of him playing at Utep, his foot speed looks like an issue. Thats what I'll be watching when we get to see him play.
Thats one of the big things I see too. I just want some bigs who can move and stay out of a boot 🤷‍♂️. Is that too much to ask? 🙏
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » May 31st, 2020, 10:17 am

Looks like he could turn out to be a beast in the weight room, has good timing and some range.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » May 31st, 2020, 5:36 pm

bigpurpleman wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 10:17 am
Looks like he could turn out to be a beast in the weight room, has good timing and some range.
That statement is the kiss of death for an athlete. Pretty much well known across the strength and conditioning profession that the biggest "beast" in the weight room, rarely produces on the field of play.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » May 31st, 2020, 7:36 pm

I doubt they try to add more muscle to him. I expect they will spend a lot more time on agility, explosion, etc.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » May 31st, 2020, 8:35 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:36 pm
I doubt they try to add more muscle to him. I expect they will spend a lot more time on agility, explosion, etc.
And bootwalking....

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 1st, 2020, 9:28 am

epicsnyder wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 5:36 pm
bigpurpleman wrote:
That statement is the kiss of death for an athlete. Pretty much well known across the strength and conditioning profession that the biggest "beast" in the weight room, rarely produces on the field of play.
Thomas Gipson always seemed like he would have been a beast in the weight room. Not a star, but turned out a respectable JR and SR years. I thought between his SO and JR years he did a lot of work to slim down and add muscle, and his game seemed to improve.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » June 1st, 2020, 9:42 am

epicsnyder wrote:
bigpurpleman wrote:
Lol. OK.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » June 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm

bigpurpleman wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:42 am
epicsnyder wrote:

Lol. OK.
You may be a big purple man, but trust me when I say I know what I am talking about. Ask any strength coach who the dude is that can throw the most weight around the weight room, and then compare that to the guy that doesn't play much. They are many times (not all, there are exceptions----but MANY times) the same dude. Especially in football. They are slow, inflexible, clumsy feet, and injury prone. Not usually the sharpest tack in the drawer either.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 1st, 2020, 11:16 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm
bigpurpleman wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:42 am

Lol. OK.
You may be a big purple man, but trust me when I say I know what I am talking about. Ask any strength coach who the dude is that can throw the most weight around the weight room, and then compare that to the guy that doesn't play much. They are many times (not all, there are exceptions----but MANY times) the same dude. Especially in football. They are slow, inflexible, clumsy feet, and injury prone. Not usually the sharpest tack in the drawer either.
I was starting to understand your point about those worker warriors being less mobile or flexible. But now your saying that those that workout the hardest in the weight room are low on the intelligence scale :roll: A bit of a stereotype don't you think? One can both put time in at the gym and in the books, they are not mutually exclusive.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » June 2nd, 2020, 10:32 am

AJcat7755 wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 11:16 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm

I was starting to understand your point about those worker warriors being less mobile or flexible. But now your saying that those that workout the hardest in the weight room are low on the intelligence scale :roll: A bit of a stereotype don't you think? One can both put time in at the gym and in the books, they are not mutually exclusive.
Good God. Why does everyone get so damn butt hurt these days?!?! Can you freakin' READ. I CLEARLY said it isn't ALL of them.

And it's not a stereotype if it's true.

And I NEVER said it was mutually exclusive. Not once.

I work with athletes. Every day. Have for 30 years. Lived it as an athlete myself. I see it, I live, I experience it. I never said it was mutually exclusive.