michigan coach proposing long overdue schedule change ...

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
tmcats

Pick 'Em

michigan coach proposing long overdue schedule change ...

Post by tmcats » May 27th, 2020, 10:02 am

The proposal aims to push back opening day by four weeks, from mid-February to mid-March, allowing northern schools like Michigan to start their season by playing home games, instead of spending their first month on the road. This change would come with a corresponding extension four weeks later into summer — with the Men’s College World Series ending in mid-July. MichiganDaily
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 27th, 2020, 10:21 am

Would even the playing field north vs south a bit.

Kid In the Hall

Post by Kid In the Hall » May 28th, 2020, 7:57 pm

Like has been done before, the SEC, ACC and smaller southern leagues will kill this along with more academic-focused northern schools (Ivy League, etc.).

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » June 1st, 2020, 5:34 pm

Weather is important, but resources and focus also matter. You can build indoor facilities, weight rooms, and stadiums to overcome a disadvantage. Wichita State did it. The bigger issue is that high school prospects usually come from southern states where baseball is year round and a way of life. Is it a coincidence that a little league team from Las Vegas has four major league players?
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

terrykkl87
Been thanked: 0

Post by terrykkl87 » July 13th, 2021, 6:28 am

Thank you so much for share this very authentic and very useful information for us. I really appreciate to you for sharing this type of information. After reading this
ptcl speed test site I really enjoy and my mind is clear and I suggest you a best part in my life and solve my problem very genially and authentic way.