"Tight" end Wheeler arrested

The defending Big XII Champions
ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Re: "Tight" end Wheeler arrested

Post by ksustars754 » May 23rd, 2020, 10:39 am

This story is exactly what I heard from my friends in Manhattan as well.

I’ve never experienced worse cops in my life than RCPD. Pure speculation but I think something (or somethings) must have happened in the 90s that they covered up for the football team because they are absolutely ridiculous now especially towards athletes.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 23rd, 2020, 10:43 am

the rcpd is a combined city/county police department that's pretty much a stand-alone agency reportable to an appointed board rather the government of either the city or county. it's very poorly regulated and has been caught in several binds over the years as a result.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » May 23rd, 2020, 11:11 am

You can spew racist graffiti and bring terribly negative light on MHK, and not be charged. But carry a fake ID and drink a beer 6 hours early, and we will throw the book at you.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » May 23rd, 2020, 12:25 pm

RCPD are mostly idiots with a little man complex.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 23rd, 2020, 5:48 pm

Don't know about the idiot part, but I'd agree on the little man complex.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » May 24th, 2020, 10:54 am

I was there in the 90s, they were just every bit the jackwagons that it sounds like they are today. And I have many current local (AZ) police as personal friends and family, so this isn't an anti-police thing. I have a tremendous amount of admiration and respect for the police. I honestly think its a situation where RCPD doesn't have enough legitimately dangerous criminals to deal with so they have no real barometer on what's bad and what's not. Seriously, if a police officer is dealing with murders, rapists, gang bangers, and drug dealers on a daily basis, busting a 20.99 year old kid for under age drinking with a fake ID is a serious waste of time.

I distinctly remember 2 situations I was involved in during my college years. One was where I got a $3 parking ticket for parking my car in our front yard next to the driveway because of it being a big family weekend at school and parking was very limited. They actually took the time to write a $3 parking ticket (RCPD). Then later that year, my car was broken into and I had my stereo, CDs, and a few other things stolen. The RCPD officer writing the police report said they most likely wouldn't catch the people, and in all honesty, she said they wouldn't even try all that much. I then joked about how many CD's were stolen (claiming it was about 500 more than originally stated) - and it was very clearly a joke when I said it (because my insurance company was going to pay me back for the stolen items). She looked at me very seriously and said, "insurance fraud is a serious crime and I wouldn't make those statements if I were you". I walked away thinking "what in the actual fu$K are they doing at RCPD". Write $3 parking tickets to college students, have a legitimate crime of stealing that they openly admit they won't pursue, then threaten an honest college student making a joke (making light of the situation at hand). That was the epitome of RCPD in the 90s.
EMAW

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 24th, 2020, 9:49 pm

katlander wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 2:08 pm
I had a similar experience driving about 2 hours before turning 16. Long story but multiple offenses. They police called my parents. My Dad and the police officer got a good chuckle out of it. They let me off leaving me to my Dad's punishment. In the end I grounded myself. Dad just thought it was funny that I was so stupid.
In the day, on the farm, we started driving as soon as we could reach the pedals. When you got close to 16 and your dad needed help in the field, you took ag classes in the afternoon and just "disappeared" after lunch. I did this at times when I was 14. Sheriff would wave at you as you met him. He knew.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 25th, 2020, 10:27 am

to some degree that still happens. we had a favorite, now closed, mhk westside bar that served the best chicken sandwiches ever and a favorite k-state student waitress who was studying to be a teacher worked there. we went in one day and she was gone. thought maybe she'd quit. but no, she was back our next visit a month later, and when we asked, she said: i had to go home for wheat harvest. i just smiled. it felt good knowing that still happened. so, very k-state.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » May 25th, 2020, 2:08 pm

I find it funny we are complaining that a cop legitimately arrested a kid for using a fake ID. It happens all the time and not just to football players.

However, no one in Manhattan cares that the University tried to cover up sexual assaults and intimidate young women repeatedly over the last decade?

What are we, a bunch of animals?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » May 25th, 2020, 2:09 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:27 am
to some degree that still happens. we had a favorite, now closed, mhk westside bar that served the best chicken sandwiches ever and a favorite k-state student waitress who was studying to be a teacher worked there. we went in one day and she was gone. thought maybe she'd quit. but no, she was back our next visit a month later, and when we asked, she said: i had to go home for wheat harvest. i just smiled. it felt good knowing that still happened. so, very k-state.
Awe shucks