Which new player will have the biggest impact, next season?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats

Which new player will have the biggest impact, next season?

Davion Bradford
3%
Luke Kasubke
5%
Seryee Lewis
3%
Carlton Linguard
3%
Kaosi Ezeagu
8%
Nijel Pack
49%
Selton Miguel
8%
Rueadale Williams
22%

Total votes: 37

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Which new player will have the biggest impact, next season?

Post by tmcats » May 18th, 2020, 7:57 pm

... and then again maybe they aren't. since d'gordon was a freshman starter, it's only logical to expect him there as a sophomore.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » May 18th, 2020, 7:57 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 6:52 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 8:51 am
I found this on YouTube from KSO and thought you all might be interested since it is on a related topic. They discuss not only next year, but also who might end up having the best career at K-State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdb5I91dUA
I watched the video. Seems there's the most love for Selton and Nigel. But here's what I don't understand. Why is it a foregone conclusion that D.Gordon is going to be a starter? He's likely going to have to beat out either Mike McGuirl or Selton Miguel to land in the starting lineup. Maybe, just maybe, both are better than him.
You're awfully bearish on Gordon. Whats your reasoning behind that?
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » May 18th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Gordon was not a consistent starter last season. These guys on the video have automatically penciled him in. Why? They talked about Miguel possibly having a better freshman season than Gordon had. WELL, I WOULD HOPE SO!

I don't know how you can talk so glowingly about a guy who averaged only 6 points per game, which is poor for the number of minutes he played. IMO, Seldon Miguel is ALREADY better than D.Gordon. What I like about Miguel is his toughness ... along with his basketball ability.

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » May 18th, 2020, 10:55 pm

I know we’re mostly talking about new players here, but I’m really excited about Antonio Gordon for next year. I know he had some injury issues last year, but he had a few great games. With some extra minutes and a year under his belt I think he could be in the 10 ppg range.

Also I’m a little surprised at the lack of love for Davion Bradford here. I personally voted for Miguel, as I think he’ll be very sharp out of the gate, but Bradford could get really meaningful minutes and he’s got some good tape as well as a quality ranking.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 18th, 2020, 11:21 pm

Murphy is the sleeper.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » May 19th, 2020, 12:11 am

McGuil, A. Gordon, D. Gordon, Murphy... I think 3 of those 4 will be starters next season. It's a different topic, but yes, those 4 will all be substantial contributors next season.

I like Miguel as much as anyone. But the reason I didn't chose him as having the most impact is because he'll be splitting a lot of minutes with Dajuan. Dajuan will be improved(IMO), and he will get his minutes.

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » May 19th, 2020, 8:22 am

I voted for Lewis so he would be on the board

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » May 19th, 2020, 8:53 am

Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 10:55 pm
I know we’re mostly talking about new players here, but I’m really excited about Antonio Gordon for next year. I know he had some injury issues last year, but he had a few great games. With some extra minutes and a year under his belt I think he could be in the 10 ppg range.

Also I’m a little surprised at the lack of love for Davion Bradford here. I personally voted for Miguel, as I think he’ll be very sharp out of the gate, but Bradford could get really meaningful minutes and he’s got some good tape as well as a quality ranking.

I think a lot of posters are holding off on Bradford for the same reason several of us have chosen Nijel to have the biggest impact -- the position he plays. Certainly having a major positive contribution in the post would be a big deal, but a traditional "aircraft carrier" center like Bradford is highly dependent on the rest of the team for him to be effective. Also, in spite of his already impressive size, he may be one of the recruits who benefits most from the strength and conditioning work, which unfortunately is likely to be seriously curtailed this season.

Down the road, I won't be at all surprised if Davion is a major contributor to some very good KSU teams. Usually a seven-foot 260 pound center who can definitely walk and chew gum at the same time would be a bigger deal. He is a four-star recruit for a reason. so he may have an impact sooner than many of us expect right now.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » May 19th, 2020, 9:37 am

Harv-You may be right but I'm not sure why the current epidemic should compromise weight and conditioning training. Seems like that would be one thing that could go forward through into the fall even with social distancing, preferably in Manhattan or, if necessary, elsewhere.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 19th, 2020, 9:50 am

Who will make the second pass and how good will they be at doing it?
Kabuske. Miguel, and DGordon are supposedly good passers and shooters. They will make the big guys better and take pressure off the guards.