for those watching wake forest/john currie mbb hire ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

for those watching wake forest/john currie mbb hire ...

Post by tmcats » April 28th, 2020, 10:09 am

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 28th, 2020, 10:13 am

Per 247, Beilein is not a candidate for the Wake Forest job.

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 30th, 2020, 11:40 am

Looks like they’re hiring Steve Forbes. Good choice. One of the best mid major coaches out there.

On another note, WF is arguing that they don’t need to pay Manning the entire buyout because he didn’t meet certain requirements:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status ... 0442686464

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 30th, 2020, 11:58 am

That is a good choice.

So poor Danny may only get $7.5 mil? Don’t they know he has a family to feed???

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 30th, 2020, 12:59 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 11:58 am
That is a good choice.

So poor Danny may only get $7.5 mil? Don’t they know he has a family to feed???
Very good choice. Would have loved Forbes if Bruce wanted to retire in the next few years. But if he does well at WF that’s never going to happen. Either way they got themselves a good one.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » May 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Manning to KU after NCAA runs Self off????
Win the dang day!

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 11th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Zoltar wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Personally I think that would be a horrible choice. KU’s shown they don’t promote or bring back assistants who went elsewhere. Brought in Larry Brown. Went to UNC to get Roy. Went to Illinois to get Self. They’ll go after someone much more accomplished than Danny. Pitino came back into the college game and I could see them going after him, which he would go to ku in a heartbeat. I could see them going after Jay Wright. Turgeon wants the job bad but I think he would be down the list quite a bit.
They might like Mark Few but he’s been a little anti-ku in regards to speaking out about something needing to be done with cheating. And Sean Miller was a likely candidate at one time, not sure with some of the accusations swirling around him too.

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » May 11th, 2020, 10:28 pm

bhoovy wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 7:15 pm
Zoltar wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Personally I think that would be a horrible choice. KU’s shown they don’t promote or bring back assistants who went elsewhere. Brought in Larry Brown. Went to UNC to get Roy. Went to Illinois to get Self. They’ll go after someone much more accomplished than Danny. Pitino came back into the college game and I could see them going after him, which he would go to ku in a heartbeat. I could see them going after Jay Wright. Turgeon wants the job bad but I think he would be down the list quite a bit.
They might like Mark Few but he’s been a little anti-ku in regards to speaking out about something needing to be done with cheating. And Sean Miller was a likely candidate at one time, not sure with some of the accusations swirling around him too.
I can’t see it being anyone of these guys.

Jay Wright offered to have his salary doubled by UCLA and didn’t go. He seems like more of a candidate for an NBA job, either the Sixers or the Knicks (which I would love). But I have a hard time even seeing that happen.

Turgeon is not that great of a coach IMO. He had a great year this past one, but man, I still see Maryland fans who want to fire him after wining the B1G.

Mark Few is going to retire and die in Spokane.

Sean Miller is way to hot (and I’m not referring to his sweating (and if you don’t know what I’m taking about, google it you’ll thank me later)). He may never coach at another school other than Arizona.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 12th, 2020, 9:25 am

chris beard would be high on their list. he'd be seen as the antithesis of bill self. i think mark turgeon would be as well, but his resume' has some dark spots.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Credulum
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Credulum » May 26th, 2020, 8:14 am

I don't think KU cares about a sketchy past. I would expect to see someone that has already been at an Adidas school as they may already have all the connections they need in the recruiting department. Someone like Pitino is probably very likely.