Levi Stockard to Transfer

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
jeffmax26

Re: Levi Stockard to Transfer

Post by jeffmax26 » April 21st, 2020, 11:29 pm

Does anyone have Weber's cell phone number? Can we reach out to this guy?

https://www.app.com/story/sports/colleg ... 999106001/

Had 20 against us this past year: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401169611

Looks streaky, but would be a nice add.

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 22nd, 2020, 12:08 am

jeffmax26 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 11:29 pm
Does anyone have Weber's cell phone number? Can we reach out to this guy?

https://www.app.com/story/sports/colleg ... 999106001/

Had 20 against us this past year: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401169611

Looks streaky, but would be a nice add.
Hard to imagine Bruce Weber can get a good grad transfer to come here. He’s gotten a total of one in his 8 years here. I don’t really think it’s entirely his fault though. I feel like coming to Manhattan Kansas may be a tough sell to a grad transfer. Monmouth is in Long Branch, which is a pretty nice beach community in NJ. My family used to take vacations right in that area around Oceanport and Red Bank. Location wise it would be a big demotion to come to MHK. Don’t get me wrong, I love Manhattan, but in the eyes of some recruits, Manhattan might as well be Siberia.

It’s been reported that he’s already heard from Creighton, Marquette and Iowa State.

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » April 22nd, 2020, 12:17 am

Are you really certain that Manhattan cannot compete with Omaha, Milwaukee, or Ames?

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 22nd, 2020, 12:37 am

Sir Ocelot wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 12:17 am
Are you really certain that Manhattan cannot compete with Omaha, Milwaukee, or Ames?
I think we can compete with Ames and Milwaukee.

Omaha is a fun place IMO. Better than Manhattan in a lot of ways. But in the case of Creighton, I don’t think we can compete with them, especially with the year they’re about to have. Depending on who comes back and who transfers in they’re likely a preseason top 10 team.

I was just reporting some of the highlights of who he’s heard from so far. He’s only been on the market for like 10 hours so I’m sure a whole lot more people will reach out to this guy.

Edit: Since I posted I saw that Ty-Shon Alexander wasn’t coming back to Creighton. Bit of a blow but still a Top 25 team.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » April 22nd, 2020, 1:59 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 9:24 pm
tmcats wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 5:37 pm

stay on point and stop the trolling. you don't even have an arguable point given that none of these guys are high-profile nor starters last season.
Oh so you're blaming the staffs horrible recruiting for this mass exodus. That's a fair point and definitely the primary reason.
I accept your pov.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 22nd, 2020, 7:48 am

JOKKO wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 4:12 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 2:55 pm
Tmcats go back and read the thread with you and a few of the regulars piling on wsu 🤣. Its comedy gold now, I'd bring some of those posts over here but I'm not motivated enough.
The whole transfer thing is just a way of D1 sports life anymore, so I make no reaction either way anymore.

The difference between WSU's mass transit & KSU is that that they are leaving WSU after a very successful year and leaving KSU after a terrible season. Cartier is the only one leaving that KSU will miss.
Miss Cartier? ... that’s your opinion, certainly not mine.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 22nd, 2020, 7:57 am

Stockard has a nice offensive game but is lazy on defense, probably tired of getting his ass chewed non-stop as a result. Weber doesn’t play guys that don’t play D because he knows you don’t win without it. That’s what kept Stockard out last season.

The returning sophomores are probably a little better than stockard, so he may see more time as a role player and want to give a try elsewhere.

Don’t underestimate two other things. So much losing wears on guys and that may be a factor. These kids know what’s said about them online and our fan base has been brutal on him in particular. He may like a fresh start without all the losing and negativity. The other thing is he seemed to slide into the Cartier bad attitude group. Even started on a funky hairdo.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 22nd, 2020, 8:40 am

Hypeman wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 7:57 am
Stockard has a nice offensive game but is lazy on defense, probably tired of getting his ass chewed non-stop as a result. Weber doesn’t play guys that don’t play D because he knows you don’t win without it. That’s what kept Stockard out last season.

The returning sophomores are probably a little better than stockard, so he may see more time as a role player and want to give a try elsewhere.

Don’t underestimate two other things. So much losing wears on guys and that may be a factor. These kids know what’s said about them online and our fan base has been brutal on him in particular. He may like a fresh start without all the losing and negativity. The other thing is he seemed to slide into the Cartier bad attitude group. Even started on a funky hairdo.
I agree with you except the bad attitude take.
We lost lots of game and all things considered, I did not see bad attitudes even from Carti. I saw guys trying to win and being frustrated with the results.
I didn't see a hint of bad attitude from Stockard but for sure he was a guy that never played with a lot of intensity. Just the way he was wired. And I agree that the coaches were pushing him to turn it up. Weber made a comment that he wanted both Sloan and Levi to play with more intensity. So no doubt that could have been a factor.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » April 22nd, 2020, 8:47 am

SCKSCat wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 2:55 pm
I recall Levi was considered the prize of his recruiting class.
To be fair, the 2017 class was a 3 person class that consisted of McGuirl, who was in the 500s rank and Shadd and Levi was coming from St Louis where KSU had been trying to build a pipeline.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 22nd, 2020, 9:11 am

Its weird and concerning how guys just keep leaving. I'm sure some of it is a result of a really tough season. If we had gone to the dance possibly everyone is back, except maybe Love and Shadd. Did we suggest or demand that some of them go? Did this anger others? Were some just tired of Coach Weber continuingly screaming at them. That could be wearing.

I would like to know how these guys really felt both individually and collectively. Were they just not having fun, did they have something against the coaches, did they think they were not getting enough minutes, or did they feel they just weren't good enough to compete at this level. I do feel that much of this is on our coaches, primarily the failure to bring in players who could do better at this level.

With Levi and Sloan I wonder if they began to feel like the odd man out. With so many departures of guys they had played with for 2 or 3 years they may have not felt that connected to the team any longer and were just ready to move on. Lots of question marks. I think Levi's benefit to next years team would have been as a stabilizing force with his experience and calm demeanor. I doubt he would have left if the others had stayed.