bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Re: Levi Stockard to Transfer

Post by bhoovy » April 21st, 2020, 4:56 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 4:22 pm
KsJoey wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 11:53 am
You guys thought our inside game was bad last year? Just wait until this next season when Makol and Levi are gone and we are relying on guys will little or no, college experience. Bigmen, more than anybody, need experience before they become solid contributors. I think Bruce did a great job recruiting this class, but likewise, he still deserves a lot of criticism for 3 recruiting classes completely falling apart. 1 person(McGuil) left to graduate as a senior, out of how many?
36 minutes, 10.4 pts, 8 rebounds, 3.3 turnovers and no rim protection from Makol and Levi. I think brand new guys can give us that in 36 minutes. For sure in rebounding and altering a few shots.
I agree or at least hope so. I’m at least more optimistic about the new guys potentially becoming productive vs someone who’s just not been very productive over his first 3 seasons.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 21st, 2020, 5:12 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 4:56 pm
wild@nite wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 4:22 pm

36 minutes, 10.4 pts, 8 rebounds, 3.3 turnovers and no rim protection from Makol and Levi. I think brand new guys can give us that in 36 minutes. For sure in rebounding and altering a few shots.
I agree or at least hope so. I’m at least more optimistic about the new guys potentially becoming productive vs someone who’s just not been very productive over his first 3 seasons.
Yep. If one or multiple guys can alter shots in the paint that would go a long way making this team better, and any more than 10 pts and 8 rebounds would be gravy. People can talk about losing experience, but what did Mak's experience give us exactly? He sure didn't get any better with more experience and Levi's ceiling was low, let's be honest. He needs to go a UTSA or Valpo type school. That would be great for him, imo. If he can't, then hell go, D2 and play 30 mpg. Why not? He wasn't going pro.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 21st, 2020, 5:37 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 2:55 pm
Tmcats go back and read the thread with you and a few of the regulars piling on wsu 🤣. Its comedy gold now, I'd bring some of those posts over here but I'm not motivated enough.
stay on point and stop the trolling. you don't even have an arguable point given that none of these guys are high-profile nor starters last season.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

jeffmax26

Post by jeffmax26 » April 21st, 2020, 6:32 pm

I thought Levi would start to begin the season, but would probably be some kind of rotation by the end of the season. This is a loss, but not one to sweat. Like many other posters have mentioned, Levi is a body, not the kind of player that will ever develop into a "go-to guy". I know he had a few decent games this past year, but he had many more piss poor games or games in which he was ineffective. The "loss" of Stockard will most likely be determined if we waste our last scholarship on a nobody. There are some really good grad transfers still left, not many, but there are some. If we can nab a grad transfer with experience, then this could be seen as a gain.

I just saw this guy came on the market yesterday: https://247sports.com/Player/Chudier-Bile-46101262/

He fits the mold of what we need and we are not too far from home.

I am not going to even discuss Purdue' s Haarms as that will not happen.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 21st, 2020, 7:23 pm

I go to most of the games with my 11 year old grand son but don't talk to him about specific player shortcomings.
I asked him what he thought about Levi transferring. His response: We won't miss him. Only scored about 4 points a game and fouled too much. And he turned it over too much.

That about sums it up. We won't miss him.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 21st, 2020, 7:52 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 7:23 pm
I go to most of the games with my 11 year old grand son but don't talk to him about specific player shortcomings.
I asked him what he thought about Levi transferring. His response: We won't miss him. Only scored about 4 points a game and fouled too much. And he turned it over too much.

That about sums it up. We won't miss him.
Your grandson understands the game pretty well, especially for 11.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 21st, 2020, 7:58 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 11:52 am
Levi was wise to leave. What was he going to give us in the post? He wasn't a shot blocker, he wasn't a consistent scorer, he wasn't a high energy guy, and he wasn't a great defender (and at 6'7", he would have been a huge defensively liability). He may have started the season as our 5 guy, but he wasn't going to finish there.

Levi saw the handwriting on the wall, and I hope the coaching staff was honest with him about his role next season. It would have been basically what it has been. Levi was trying to survive one tier above his ability. He had a few good moments for KSU, but not enough. I wish him well at a mid-major, where he may be able to contribute more and get ample playing time.
:agree:

Obviously, Levi is not transferring if he feels he has a starting position locked up with considerable playing time. I always liked Levi. He always struck me as a nice young man who just went about his business without fanfare. I saw him body up against players 3 inches taller than him. He stood his ground against Dok, at Bramlage, when Mak was out of the game. Levi was smooth, he was simply hindered by being 3 inches too short.

Obviously, you would like for him to be around for leadership, but he never struck me as one who would take on that role. I believe Mike will give us a solid 12-24 ppg next year. Can we find 3 others who can average the same?

learnin

Post by learnin » April 21st, 2020, 8:01 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 11:58 am
I don't understand why anyone thinks this is a "hit" to next year's team. "He was going to start at the 5", "provides depth", etc.... Yes, but he is not a good player. He couldn't start on last year's team, over an awful Makol. He played 16 minutes and averaged 3.6 pts/2.7reb and 1.2 turnovers. Sheesh, missing that isn't that big of a deal. What game are we going to lose that we would have won with Levi Stockard. Seriously.
I fully believe, with the roster we have coming in, we would be better off playing without a true 5 as opposed to Stockard playing more than 10-15 minutes and I bet you that has been communicated to him and he thought like many of you that he was the "starter". Sorry, I didn't see that happening. He is no better than a 15 minute guy on any P5 team, imo. If he's playing more than that, you're probably not very good.

I have nothing against Levi and I hope like heck he finds a great situation for himself, but honestly, I'm glad to see him transfer. In order to get better, we need better players on the floor.
Cold, but the truth. Spot on.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 21st, 2020, 8:09 pm

jeffmax26 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 6:32 pm
I thought Levi would start to begin the season, but would probably be some kind of rotation by the end of the season. This is a loss, but not one to sweat. Like many other posters have mentioned, Levi is a body, not the kind of player that will ever develop into a "go-to guy". I know he had a few decent games this past year, but he had many more piss poor games or games in which he was ineffective. The "loss" of Stockard will most likely be determined if we waste our last scholarship on a nobody. There are some really good grad transfers still left, not many, but there are some. If we can nab a grad transfer with experience, then this could be seen as a gain.

I just saw this guy came on the market yesterday: https://247sports.com/Player/Chudier-Bile-46101262/

He fits the mold of what we need and we are not too far from home.

I am not going to even discuss Purdue' s Haarms as that will not happen.
He has some nice stats with 14.3 ppg, 7.6 rpg shooting .376 from 3 and over 73% FT’s. But he had 110 TO’s in 28 games, almost 4 per game. Seen he had 8 in one game, two games with 7. Ouch! And that’s playing in the Southland conference. How many would he have in the B12??

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » April 21st, 2020, 9:24 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 5:37 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 2:55 pm
Tmcats go back and read the thread with you and a few of the regulars piling on wsu 🤣. Its comedy gold now, I'd bring some of those posts over here but I'm not motivated enough.
stay on point and stop the trolling. you don't even have an arguable point given that none of these guys are high-profile nor starters last season.
Oh so you're blaming the staffs horrible recruiting for this mass exodus. That's a fair point and definitely the primary reason.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"