Grad transfer

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Re: Grad transfer

Post by purpleprairiecat » April 8th, 2020, 8:40 am

I have always admired her play at Texas Tech and had often thought that we could use a player like her on our team. So, now she will be a Wildcat. I can't wait to watch her play in purple. She is a gutsy and unselfish player with plenty of court savvy. I am not sure which position she will play at K-State, but we should be really happy to have her. She played both point guard and shooting guard at Texas Tech.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » April 8th, 2020, 7:29 pm

She is definitely gritty. Any time you can get a guard to avg nearly 6 rebounds a game, it says a lot about their toughness and effort. This team could use more of that. It's a good pick up, just concerned about the driving aspect of our point play next year. Tough to say who will play the major minutes at point, but Eibert and Goodson dont excel in the "get to the bucket" "create your own shot" aspect of point guard. Haven't seen either Jada play any D1 basketball yet to know if they have it. I fear we are going to be a predominately perimeter shooting team and Lee post ups. If we dont shoot better from the arc than we have been (and it did get better towards the end of the season) we are a NIT team at best again. We know what we lost in Peyton, but Harris's ability to get to the rim will also be a hole that needs filled. I dont believe she got enough credit for her driving ability.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » April 9th, 2020, 9:27 am

you are correct katz. i think we will find jada moore has that ability, but not sure she is a true point guard and it is very tough for a true freshman to step into that role in d1 basketball. i, too, am concerned that unless our outside shooting improves greatly, or we come up with another offensive weapon, lee is going to see double and triple teams all season and here production is going to fall off.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » April 9th, 2020, 10:18 am

Good discussion - however, I wouldn't count Ebert out on developing an ability to penetrate. She did not display that ability this past season, but her play at the point improved over the season. Her ball handling skills and ability to penetrate will improve with experience. Her play as a freshman reminded me of another point guard who needed to develop ball handling and penetration skills. That player was Shalee Lehning. When Shalee was a freshman, many fans, including me, questioned whether she could ever develop the ball handling skills to play the point in the Big 12. Wow, we were wrong!

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » April 9th, 2020, 10:59 am

We can only hope Ebert = Lehning.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » April 9th, 2020, 5:32 pm

i know the coaches have high hopes for ebert. i think it is just a matter of her putting in the work.

oldcat59
Has thanked: 0

Post by oldcat59 » April 9th, 2020, 10:36 pm

Her dad is a high school basketball coach... hopefully he is working with her. She has a world of potential if she desires to put in the
effort. K-State coaches say she is a quick learner!