mu fans continue to debate their departure ...

The defending Big XII Champions
Hypeman

Re: mu fans continue to debate their departure ...

Post by Hypeman » March 29th, 2020, 6:01 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 10:42 am
tmcats wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 9:59 am
you're seldom wrong, aj, but you missed on the bison. their program is more recognizable for excellence than any but ou and texas in the b12. and it's been that way for a long time.
I was saying before they played KU or even KSU they may not have been a nationally known team. Keep in mind, they played KU in 2010. NDSU won their first FCS NC in 2011. They joined the FCS in 2003 and prior to that they had won 8 DII titles (kind of like NWMSU 6 DII titles) but their most recent was 1990. So prior to beating KU, they were very similar to NWMSU, except they had moved up to FCS.

Now when they played KSU, they had then won 2 FCS NCs, and had beaten KU, so they I was probably overstating their unknown too much there but they were just at the start of their FCS dynasty run. I think a lot of KSU fans, including myself, even wrote off their NCs a bit.

Now they have 8 FCS NC, a starting NFL QB, 2 coaches that have gone to the FBS ranks and are very well known. I was just saying before playing KU and maybe KSU, they were a bit more of a local flavor then a national brand.
You give KSU and KU way too much credit on a national level. They dished out plenty of FBS beat downs long before KU and KSU. I don’t think those wins put them on the map at all. They just added to the lore.