So long Cartier

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

So long Cartier

Post by learnin » March 25th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Sad. I remember talking with Cartier as a freshman at autograph day. Regardless of his on and off performances, I do admit we don’t have an elite 8 run without Cartier. He has the tools to be really good. I wish him well.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 145031531/

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 25th, 2020, 3:25 pm

never expected him to return after what transpired this season, bad news for next year IMO

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » March 25th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Not surprising.

Some other player(s) will need to step up.

This may be the best for all parties, under the circumstances.

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » March 25th, 2020, 3:30 pm

I’ll never forget his windmill dunk. Maybe the highlight of my time at KState.

I’m surprised by the grad transferring, I would’ve just guessed he would go pro. He’s an interesting transfer, I’m sure a fair few P6 teams will be interested. To me he’s a high risk high reward kind of guy, so we’ll see where he ends up. Probably one of the top 10 available guys who are grad transferring as of right now.

Hope he has success wherever he goes.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » March 25th, 2020, 3:40 pm

I think this is best for both parties. I think it was pretty obvious that he was tired of being in Manhattan. He’s talented enough to play professionally at some level and the best way to develop that talent is to turn pro. Even though he’s in the transfer portal, I don’t see another year of college being in his best interest unless he can’t sign a decent contract. For the team, this paves the way for our young guys to step up. It removes the potential for attitude related drama and I think they will develop better with the ball in Sloan’s hands, regardless. Carti is a good player, but I don’t think this team was going to be very good next year even if he stayed. On the down side - I doubt we climb out of the bottom tier of the Conference. On the up side - I think this group will be easier to root for as they develop.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 25th, 2020, 3:40 pm

He will still go thru the pro evaluation. If he doesn't find a landing spot to his liking, I think he will head across the ocean to play ball.

Now, let's bring on Keon Ellis!

learnin

Post by learnin » March 25th, 2020, 3:44 pm

wazucat wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:25 pm
never expected him to return after what transpired this season, bad news for next year IMO
Possibly.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 25th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:30 pm
I’ll never forget his windmill dunk. Maybe the highlight of my time at KState.

I’m surprised by the grad transferring, I would’ve just guessed he would go pro. He’s an interesting transfer, I’m sure a fair few P6 teams will be interested. To me he’s a high risk high reward kind of guy, so we’ll see where he ends up. Probably one of the top 10 available guys who are grad transferring as of right now.

Hope he has success wherever he goes.
No doubt Cartier’s windmill gave kstateters, and fans, a thrill of a lifetime

learnin

Post by learnin » March 25th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Piedmontcat wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:40 pm
I think this is best for both parties. I think it was pretty obvious that he was tired of being in Manhattan. He’s talented enough to play professionally at some level and the best way to develop that talent is to turn pro. Even though he’s in the transfer portal, I don’t see another year of college being in his best interest unless he can’t sign a decent contract. For the team, this paves the way for our young guys to step up. It removes the potential for attitude related drama and I think they will develop better with the ball in Sloan’s hands, regardless. Carti is a good player, but I don’t think this team was going to be very good next year even if he stayed. On the down side - I doubt we climb out of the bottom tier of the Conference. On the up side - I think this group will be easier to root for as they develop.
No doubt we’ll be better with Sloan and Pack at the point. Could be this is why he decided to move on after seeing handwriting on wall.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » March 25th, 2020, 3:55 pm

learnin wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:44 pm
wazucat wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:25 pm
Possibly.
No this is very bad news concerning the outlook for next season. I knew this was coming, there was a section of this years team that simply did not respect Weber's authority. We've all seen this before unfortunately with past rosters.
Next year is probably going to be a struggle again especially at the beginning.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"