What to Expect next year:

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
greycat68

Re: What to Expect next year:

Post by greycat68 » March 25th, 2020, 9:29 am

they will need at least two outside shooters consistently hitting over 35% or the opponents will still be able to drop back in with double and triple teams. don't know what we have with thorpe, but moore is a slasher who can get into the paint and score or dish, but looks like more of a score first mentality. one thing we might look for next year if we don't find production from another big is yokie stepping out and and facing the basket. just look at her free throw shooting. she can face up and shoot the ball from 15 to 18 feet. she didn' do it this year because we didn't need her to. it is not her greatest strength but maybe once in a while to keep defenses honest. yes, ranke is eligible for a redshirt year, and it is my understanding that she is going to go that route.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » March 25th, 2020, 10:59 am

I agree that we need several guards to hit at least 35%. I'm just not too optimistic that they will. Simmons is our best hope. She took a big leap forward this year and hit just under 35%. But she doesn't shoot enough. Unfortunately, the player who launches the most 3s shoots about 28%. And Ranke, before injured was shooting exactly 35%, but its 5 for 7 one game and then 2 for 13 over the next couple.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 25th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Will really miss Williams next year -- scoring, rebounding and leadership.

Not sure who will, or can, step up as a scorer, and only time will tell.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » March 25th, 2020, 5:55 pm

you are right. there are 2 or 3 good grad transfer forwards in the portal but i don't know if we have any chance of getting them. those types always seem to end up at the elite 5 or 6 programs. there is also the jucos, but most of those are hit and miss.