COVID-19 & patronizing local businesses

The defending Big XII Champions
JazzCatDRP
Administrator

COVID-19 & patronizing local businesses

Post by JazzCatDRP » March 18th, 2020, 9:43 am

Folks,
I hope all of you are staying home and social distancing as much as you're able to in order to keep yourself and vulnerable people safe! It's a trying time right now, and besides the stress of keeping yourself and loved ones safe, there's the economic impact. A lot of people have small businesses that are facing plummeting revenue due to closures and quarantining. I've decided to temporarily suspend the "no spam or self promotion" rule in this thread. I think we can all help each other out here. If you, your friends, or your loved ones have a small business, side hustle, or anything else you'd like to promote, please feel free to post a link to your products or service here, and let's try to help support our community here! I will personally be making an effort to help support local small businesses whenever I can to try and do my part to help my community get through this, and I know many of you would love to do the same.

Let's keep the politics and general pandemic discussion out of this thread -- we've got a forum for that. Just good vibes here!

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 18th, 2020, 12:53 pm

Great idea Jazz! Good work.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » March 22nd, 2020, 8:50 pm

I wont miss the ear wax ads, but will miss the Russian girls wanting my body.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

JazzCatDRP
Administrator

Post by JazzCatDRP » March 23rd, 2020, 1:20 pm

RichardZ wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 8:50 pm
I wont miss the ear wax ads, but will miss the Russian girls wanting my body.
Haha! Just to be clear, the banner ads have to stay, as that's what pays the server bills, but you can feel free to promote a local business in this thread.

That said, you shouldn't be seeing any unsavory (or maybe savory depending on your point of view) ads, so I'll do a quick review of what ad types are permitted and make sure you don't see any russian girl ads, or the like!

EDIT: Found the russian girl ad and the earwax ad (ew). Blocked them both. Ain't nobody wanna see that.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » April 10th, 2020, 3:10 pm

How 'bout Ukrainian girls?