2 players arrested last night

The defending Big XII Champions
PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Re: 2 players arrested last night

Post by PurpleOnWhite » March 4th, 2020, 11:56 am

I fully expect Kleiman to significantly increase the oversight of this team. One or two might be expected. But 5? CK clearly has some issues that will test his leadership. And, doesn’t it feel just a little bit like the players are being targeted by RCPD and KHP? Coincidence? Possible. Doesn’t excuse the behavior but is very interesting.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm

come on, why would the rcpd target athletes? that's just silly talk. these guys made mistakes reserved for college students. their standards have to be higher. ck and gene taylor are responsible.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

seanrhoten@att.net

Post by seanrhoten@att.net » March 4th, 2020, 6:34 pm

I think someone forgot to pay off a certain Local Official. This is too much of a coincidence to have 5 players arrested in 2 days! Something is afoot.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 4th, 2020, 9:04 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm
come on, why would the rcpd target athletes? that's just silly talk. these guys made mistakes reserved for college students. their standards have to be higher. ck and gene taylor are responsible.
Thank you for the rational comment.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 4th, 2020, 11:25 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 10:06 am
TexasTim wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 8:05 am
With a “wild@nite moniker I’m sure you’ve been to the clink a few times
Never. Was I mischievous? Sure, and I was lucky a couple of times, but I knew where the line was most of the time, even as a college student who didn't have a support group like these football players have. I get it. One time, no biggie. Twice, ok guys, let's reel this in. 3, 4, 5? Now it's ridiculous when you combine it with our lack of discipline on the field as well. "Boys will be boys" isn't gonna fly when this behavior is repeating. Eventually, the small things are going to lead to a big things, then the "boys will be boys" will be viewed as thuggery. Not the stereotype I want in Manhattan.
After the brawl at Allen, I wrote a letter to AD Taylor. I brought up the unsporting penalties by the football team as well. He assured me things were under control. Uh-huh.

TexasTim
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TexasTim » March 5th, 2020, 4:24 pm

csteel25 wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 10:45 am
I kind of assumed this would happen once we recruited better athletes. Same issue under Snyder 1.0 at times when we had great athletes; but he was much better at keeping it internal. Part of that might have been the respect the entire community had for Snyder.

Part of why Snyder changed his recruiting in 2.0 might have been wanting to avoid these similar problems. I always wonder how Nick Saban keeps it under wraps or under control at Bama. Always impressed with his players.
Saban has the Tuscaloosa PD paid off and he is the real head cop there. What he says goes.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » March 6th, 2020, 5:05 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 11:25 pm
wild@nite wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 10:06 am

Never. Was I mischievous? Sure, and I was lucky a couple of times, but I knew where the line was most of the time, even as a college student who didn't have a support group like these football players have. I get it. One time, no biggie. Twice, ok guys, let's reel this in. 3, 4, 5? Now it's ridiculous when you combine it with our lack of discipline on the field as well. "Boys will be boys" isn't gonna fly when this behavior is repeating. Eventually, the small things are going to lead to a big things, then the "boys will be boys" will be viewed as thuggery. Not the stereotype I want in Manhattan.
After the brawl at Allen, I wrote a letter to AD Taylor. I brought up the unsporting penalties by the football team as well. He assured me things were under control. Uh-huh.
I sent an email to AD Taylor this week and this was the reply I received:

"I appreciate you sharing your concern and Coach Klieman and I share your concerns. He will address this not only with the athletes that got in trouble but also with the entire team.

I will say that two of the young men’s transgressions were very minor although the article made it out to be much more. One you man was charged for failure to appear based on a ticket he received in the fall for not having proof of insurance and the other young man, although pulled over for suspicion of DUI his breath test was very below the limit and was released and given a ticket for a minor.

We still don’t want this happening and it will be addressed."

I am more than a little concerned regarding the message in this reply. The "boys will boys" tone of the middle paragraph in particular. And I sent this after the report of the total of 5 idiots being arrested. All he needed to say was the first couple sentences. That's it. Don't get me wrong. I greatly appreciate him replying to me at all. I am sure he is a busy dude. But making excuses for ANY of it is a bit perplexing to me. Especially from a military leader, that I am sure, didn't put up with a damn thing.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 6th, 2020, 5:14 pm

i took it as him sharing facts with you, not excuses. :|
Why is there something rather than nothing?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » March 6th, 2020, 5:26 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 5:14 pm
i took it as him sharing facts with you, not excuses. :|
I swear you sit at your computer, lying in wait, until I comment, just to shit all over anything, and everything I say.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 6th, 2020, 5:36 pm

Good to know that 2 are pretty minor. And glad Gene took the time to respond.