Sounds like Klanderman is the new DC

The defending Big XII Champions
AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Re: Sounds like Klanderman is the new DC

Post by AJcat7755 » March 2nd, 2020, 9:00 pm

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 2nd, 2020, 11:05 pm

Not really surprising. I think we'll be just fine. Just have to keep working at getting the best players we can.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 3rd, 2020, 6:59 am

Here's a link to an article at GoPowercat.com. My favorite line from the article...
(In regard to the passing defense) "We’re not going to allow people to nickel and dime us all day long."

Yesterday, in another thread, a poster mentioned one of NDSU's best linebackers is entering the transfer portal. He is 6'3, 233 lbs. He is from the KC metro area and said he dreams of playing on the FBS level before finishing his college career. With his familiarity with our coaches and the system they run, I wonder what our chances are of him coming here to finish out.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 144492434/
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 3rd, 2020, 10:21 am

stlcatfan wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 6:59 am
Here's a link to an article at GoPowercat.com. My favorite line from the article...
(In regard to the passing defense) "We’re not going to allow people to nickel and dime us all day long."

Yesterday, in another thread, a poster mentioned one of NDSU's best linebackers is entering the transfer portal. He is 6'3, 233 lbs. He is from the KC metro area and said he dreams of playing on the FBS level before finishing his college career. With his familiarity with our coaches and the system they run, I wonder what our chances are of him coming here to finish out.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 144492434/
I posted in another thread that I would doubt Cox coming to KSU. Cox is looking for NFL visibility. KSU will have Sullivan and Hughes as senior starters at LB, in a defense that usually has 2 LBs on the field at a time. They also have Fletcher back from injury and Green as backup. Now the recent arrests of Green could affect that depth, but it would still be hard to find playing time for 3 senior LBs. Seems like there are more important areas of need then a 1 year LB as LB is one of KSU's (before the arrests) stronger positions. Still could happen, but Cox will have a lot of suitors where he would be the unquestioned starter.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 3rd, 2020, 12:26 pm

For the life of me, I don't understand the whole "NFL visibility" stuff. The fact that we all know who he is and what kind of player he is ought to be a clue that the NFL certainly knows who he is. I don't buy the "NFL visibility" stuff. I'm betting he is bored with the FCS and wants some bigtime action. I might buy that he thinks he can better his draft stock, but he better be careful. He may be good, but his stock could drop by having to defend faster and more physical players week in and week out.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 3rd, 2020, 12:46 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 12:26 pm
For the life of me, I don't understand the whole "NFL visibility" stuff. The fact that we all know who he is and what kind of player he is ought to be a clue that the NFL certainly knows who he is. I don't buy the "NFL visibility" stuff. I'm betting he is bored with the FCS and wants some bigtime action. I might buy that he thinks he can better his draft stock, but he better be careful. He may be good, but his stock could drop by having to defend faster and more physical players week in and week out.
Maybe not so much visibility, as the NFL will find you anywhere, but getting tape of him playing against better competition to help improve his draft stock.

Same argument is made on HS recruits when they play in KS because they may not have the best competition compared to say Texas HS football in that it's harder to judge their abilities from tape against lower competition.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 3rd, 2020, 12:54 pm

list of ndsu players in nfl since 2002
Year Round Pick Overall Player Team Position
2019 5 28 166 Easton Stick Los Angeles Chargers QB
2016 1 2 2 Carson Wentz Philadelphia Eagles QB
5 16 155 Joe Haeg Indianapolis Colts T
2015 5 17 153 Kyle Emanuel San Diego Chargers LB
2014 3 3 67 Billy Turner Miami Dolphins T
2009 7 33 242 Nick Schommer Tennessee Titans DB
2008 6 34 200 Joe Mays Philadelphia Eagles LB
2005 5 29 165 Rob Hunt Indianapolis Colts C
2002 3 19 84 Lamar Gordon St. Louis Rams RB
7 2 213 Pete Campion Carolina Panthers G
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 12:46 pm
wild@nite wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 12:26 pm
Maybe not so much visibility, as the NFL will find you anywhere, but getting tape of him playing against better competition to help improve his draft stock.

Same argument is made on HS recruits when they play in KS because they may not have the best competition compared to say Texas HS football in that it's harder to judge their abilities from tape against lower competition.
Which is what I said. I hear people throw the "visibility" and "get seen" lingo around quite a bit. Just wanted to set the record straight. Nothing personal.

nodakguy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nodakguy » March 5th, 2020, 3:44 pm

Jabril Cox, smart money on his destination right now is LSU, Bo Pelini made special comment on Cox after leading up to every game against NDSU and in after game pressers. LSU head coach became a Twitter follower of Cox within hours of his announcement. NDSU fans are pretty evenly split between him declaring for NFL versus playing another year. We wish him well and just pray he doesn't end up in Oregon!

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 5th, 2020, 6:29 pm

nodakguy wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 3:44 pm
Jabril Cox, smart money on his destination right now is LSU, Bo Pelini made special comment on Cox after leading up to every game against NDSU and in after game pressers. LSU head coach became a Twitter follower of Cox within hours of his announcement. NDSU fans are pretty evenly split between him declaring for NFL versus playing another year. We wish him well and just pray he doesn't end up in Oregon!
Why Oregon? Are you playing them next season?

Good luck to Cox, wherever he ends up.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln