Cursed season anyone?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: Cursed season anyone?

Post by wild@nite » February 20th, 2020, 2:31 pm

wazucat wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 2:07 pm
Sorry guys, Bruce is perhaps the hardest working recruiter in Power 5, he is always travelling on the recruiting circuit busting his rear , trying hard to justify his paycheck. BUT finishing 10th in the conference is not acceptable. His hard work out on the trail is not resulting in acceptable on court performance. However he deserves plenty of critical commentary of his on court results.

10th place finishes are OK as long as we do not cheat, apparently some fans have such opinions . It ain't OK with me.

Cursed, no we are not, our recruiting results however are on display for all to see each and every game.
"10th place finishes are OK as long as we do not cheat, apparently some fans have such opinions . It ain't OK with me."

Nor me. Beard is a perfect example. Lubbock, Texas. He took over a non tourney program 4 years ago. Doesn't cheat. Lost 4 of his top 6 players last year (one being #6 overall pick) and here he is. 3rd place, not 10th and I get called out for disputing "The Beard myth". SMH

This will likely be twisted into Wild wants Weber fired. Nope. I want him to coach this new recruiting class. I also never want another pathetic season such as this. You don't have to cheat to avoid 10th place, especially with other programs turning over. We have an established (8 yrs) veteran coach and 9-17 is unacceptable. It would be anywhere in America under the same circumstances.
Last edited by wild@nite on February 20th, 2020, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 20th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Can't believe that BB means so much to so many folks.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 20th, 2020, 2:43 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 2:33 pm
:rofl: so why are you on a KSU basketball board if it has no importance to you :lol:

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 20th, 2020, 2:47 pm

I hate to admit it, but our play has caused me to curse a few times this year.

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » February 20th, 2020, 3:03 pm

wazucat wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 2:43 pm
ToledoCat#2 wrote:
:rofl: so why are you on a KSU basketball board if it has no importance to you :lol:
He did not say that KSU basketball is unimportant.

He is just saying that KSU basketball means more than it should to some people.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 20th, 2020, 4:53 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
I know right? It's about as goofy as the "I know you are, but what am I" continuos soap opera arguments on G&G, but not quite. :roll:

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 20th, 2020, 5:11 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
door's over there

bye

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 20th, 2020, 5:41 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 9:33 am
Hypeman wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 9:31 am

Precisely. I don’t know if the guy needed to be booted, but surely benched for loose play, poor shot selection, and horrible defense.

I. can recall at least three times last night where he lost sight of his man who then just flashed to the rim for a layup, ridiculous. The experienced players need to set the tone on D and that guy doesn’t.
Don't forget the lazy, one handed post entry pass 3 minutes into the game that got stolen. I mean, right then and there, he should have been pulled. He's not coachable. If he were, those lazy, one handed passes wouldn't still be being made. That may seem like a trivial thing to some, but when you are a coach, those types of things stand out like a turd in a punchbowl. As the coach, if you overlook unfundamental things that I guarantee have been stressed in practice, then don't blame the kid. Look in the mirror.
Yeah. Those passes are lumped into what I was calling loose play. A better word would have been careless play. Just careless with the passes, the stupid windmill attempt, the lackadaisical defense, not protecting the dribble. The occasional spectacular play is trumped by several bad ones. Wants to be looked and stand out over winning ball games. Guess what, nobody looks at you if you’re losing.

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » February 20th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Exactly right. I and probably most on this board played sports with a team first attitude. My children were taught that and expected to play that way. It's hard for me to enjoy sports dominated by the selfish, from junior high through college and pros. I wonder how the team feels about the all for show missed dunk? Do they accept it or realize what that 5 point swing meant to the game?

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » February 20th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Pretty sure C.D. didn't know that the missed dunk was going to be a five point turn around.

If the windmill jump was successful everyone on this board would have been jumping out of their recliners.

That dunk would have tied the game...but it didn't.

Jeez.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke