Taylor Robertson - maybe I don't want to know

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
purogato
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Taylor Robertson - maybe I don't want to know

Post by purogato » February 18th, 2020, 8:52 am

I may not want to know the answer to this question, but I'll ask: Did KSU ever seriously recruit Robertson?

I can sort of understand there might have been skepticisim of her athletic ability - her freshman year she didn't look like she was going to be very capable physically, despite her rare talents. But this year, I feel like she's taken a big step forward in her conditioning and physical tools.

I'll be very disappointed if I hear we didn't recruit her

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » February 18th, 2020, 9:03 am

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » February 18th, 2020, 9:59 am

She always had her sights on OU. I don't think we could have done anything to change it.

oldcat59

Post by oldcat59 » February 18th, 2020, 10:01 am

Great response iowa_wildcat.. thanks for those clips.... Any one who followed Robertson in high school knew where she was going to play collegiate ball if she received a scholarship! Not sure if any KSU coach approached her, but everyone knew where her heart was. Same can be said for Ashley Sweat, a former McPherson Bullpup, her heart was at K-State. Not sure very many coaches approached her because they knew she was headed to Manhattan!

purogato
Been thanked: 0

Post by purogato » February 18th, 2020, 11:00 am

Thanks a million for sharing those. I haven't got the one from McPherson to load. But the one from Norman tells me enough. I guess sometimes kids just have a connection to a school that supersedes recruitment. Good for her. The part about her dad sure makes you see her in a different light. Good reminder. You can tend to see college athletes at other schools as the enemy, and then you get reminded that a) they're just young people, b) they're someone's daughter, and c) they have real life feelings and trials, just like anyone else.