putting a human face on players

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KITNooga

putting a human face on players

Post by KITNooga » February 10th, 2020, 11:01 am

easy, I know, to talk tough, harsh about our kids and how they play. focus on outcomes.

tougher at times to remember that these are great young people working hard. giving max effort.

reminds me of why I love these kids. respect their effort. wish for more as a fan, but 'do better at staying positive' for all the right reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoKr2vBrKY
Last edited by KITNooga on February 10th, 2020, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 10th, 2020, 11:18 am

kit, good coaching on your part. thanks for posting the video. carti's right. they've been so close so many times. and somehow, they need to start the games better.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » February 10th, 2020, 11:51 am

I definitely agree with what you said, but what was the video about? It does not show up on my computer.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 10th, 2020, 2:37 pm

PurpleWildcat wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 11:51 am
I definitely agree with what you said, but what was the video about? It does not show up on my computer.
carti said he was focused on winning not the nba. he said to get to the nba, k-state needs to win. the focus now was on beating oSu.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 10th, 2020, 3:57 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 11:18 am
kit, good coaching on your part. thanks for posting the video. carti's right. they've been so close so many times. and somehow, they need to start the games better.
I chose that video because I have been critical of Carti at times this season. But watching it, seeing Carti, hearing his words... it made me feel a little small. helped ME to gain a different perspective.

I was able to earn one of these. thankful every day for the opportunity to compete, to travel. to work with my 'band of brothers'. brothers to this very day now some 30+ years later.

I should have a better appreciation of what it is, what it takes, from these kids.
family is more than just a word. to me.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest