The defending Big XII Champions
hilltopwildcat

Re: XFL Seattle vs D.C.

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 10th, 2020, 9:10 am

stlcatfan wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 9:57 pm
powercat5000 wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 9:40 pm
I agree, and fox sports is the worst for commercials- one team scores a td, kick extra point, go to commercial for 4 minutes, come back for kickoff, go back to commercials for 4 minutes and then come back to the game and resume play. It’s painful
^^ This ^^

All of the commercials is one of the main reasons I have cut way back on how many games I watch on TV. I realize advertising pays the bills, but still, it is just overkill sometimes. So much wasted time.

Truth be told, though... I think the Internet has spoiled me. It is so easy to skip over and avoid ads all together. With TV, there is a captive audience.
Inflate coaches salaries and pay for new athletic facilities. Rich get richer.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » February 10th, 2020, 10:20 am

Look at the CFP title game, because of commercials that game took 4+ hours i believe start to finish- That is rediculous! ESPN+ 'might' be a blessing to hopefully get away from that.
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 10th, 2020, 10:47 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:05 am
wild@nite wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 6:53 pm

I agree. They take way too long. It makes going to the games damn near intolerable for me. Timeouts, reviews, etc... take the flow away and sitting there waiting and waiting is ridiculous.
More time to head to the concession stands.
Yes,, that's true. Or, just more reason for people to stay home. The "live" experience isn't what it once was for me. Anyone who has attended games for a few decades can see that the crowds have gotten more and more apathetic. That place just isn't as loud or energetic as it once was. Why? The games have no flow. That is my opinion anyway, and why I don't find it a "must" to attend every home game anymore.

I still buy my tickets (30 years) and root like heck for KSU, and I'll give my tickets away when I don't attend so my seats are full, but going a couple of times per year is plenty for me anymore. I enjoy watching on my deck and playing with my dog, etc... during all the stoppage much, much more than attending, and sitting, cramped, staring at the field, with nothing happening on it for half of the time I'm there.

Maybe I'm in the minority, and the people that judge based on one's super fandom will most likely hammer me, but whatever, I don't regret backing off on my attendance. The NCAA is giving people plenty of reasons for more and more people to do as I do. The rich getting richer, long, boring stoppages, etc... The game is slowly being ruined, imo.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 10th, 2020, 11:02 am

i watched maybe 30-seconds to see their uniforms and then turned the channel. it's hoops' season.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 10th, 2020, 11:33 am

When was the last time you had a product/service buying decision made from a TV commercial you watched?

I honestly can't think of a single ad I've seen on TV that prompted me to go buy the advertised item/service. More often the ad is so repetitive or offensive that I determine to NEVER buy the product.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » February 10th, 2020, 1:55 pm

I used to be all in on CFB, but the review and commercials have cut my viewing to around 50% of what it was. I understand the game needs to be fair and officials held accountable, but they are right probably 90% of the time. I can handle a few missed calls (even if against my team) if it increasing the viewing pleasure. I can not tolerate 4 hour games.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 10th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Just got my Battlehawks jersey.

Nice!

https://shop.xfl.com/collections/st-louis-battlehawks

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 10th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Good for you, WWC. Way better than J-Hawks. ;)

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 10th, 2020, 9:40 pm

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/2020-schedule

every game televised

grab a team and get on board

not gonna lie, some of the quarterback play is a little lacking, but still pretty entertaining football...

CHEERS!

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm

Dallas Renegades at Los Angeles Wildcats on ABC right now.