Combine Invites

The defending Big XII Champions
Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Combine Invites

Post by Kid In the Hall » February 8th, 2020, 3:18 pm

None for K-State... Doesn't bode well for the streak.

Interesting, Texas and OU only had 4 each - pretty low compared to what they could/should be.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30000 ... -by-school

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 8th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Saw Franz on one mock draft late in 7th round, so yes the "streak" is indeed in jeopardy .

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 8th, 2020, 5:16 pm

Yeah, I imagine Frantz will be our best shot at keeping the streak going. I think we will have a few guys like Anctil, Kaltmeyer, Holtorf, and maybe Walker, Patton, or Goolsby who have a shot at getting signed as UDFAs, but probably not much beyond that.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » February 9th, 2020, 12:28 am

Definitely disappointing figuring we had so many senior lineman, which is where a lot of our guys typically get drafted from. Still hope, but not looking good

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 9th, 2020, 9:42 am

KsJoey wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:28 am
Definitely disappointing figuring we had so many senior lineman, which is where a lot of our guys typically get drafted from. Still hope, but not looking good
the line was not the strength we thought it would be for good reason?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 9th, 2020, 9:16 pm

Anyone hanging their hat on Franz keeping the streak alive are going to be disappointed. Regardless of his ability, his lifestyle, whether you agree with it or not, will be a "behind closed doors" issue that will loom large in his opportunity.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 10th, 2020, 8:15 am

epicsnyder wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Anyone hanging their hat on Franz keeping the streak alive are going to be disappointed. Regardless of his ability, his lifestyle, whether you agree with it or not, will be a "behind closed doors" issue that will loom large in his opportunity.
Give me a break. You don’t know that. Did it hurt his playing time at KSU? Kansas isn’t exactly the model for tolerance. Another theory is that it could help him.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 10th, 2020, 7:38 pm

Hypeman wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 8:15 am
epicsnyder wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Give me a break. You don’t know that. Did it hurt his playing time at KSU? Kansas isn’t exactly the model for tolerance. Another theory is that it could help him.
The NFL is a WHOLE different level of testosterone and a WHOLE other level of violence. There's not a lot of room in the locker room for what the media is trying to convince everyone what is now "tolerated". Seeing any rainbow flags flying outside any NFL stadiums? Me neither. Have a list of names of guys that have exited the closet? Nope. Watch the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix. You might understand what I am talking about. Society has come along way to accepting alternative lifestyles. But it is nowhere near what the media is trying to make you believe it is.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Opensource
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Opensource » February 10th, 2020, 8:01 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 7:38 pm
Hypeman wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 8:15 am

The NFL is a WHOLE different level of testosterone and a WHOLE other level of violence. There's not a lot of room in the locker room for what the media is trying to convince everyone what is now "tolerated". Seeing any rainbow flags flying outside any NFL stadiums? Me neither. Have a list of names of guys that have exited the closet? Nope. Watch the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix. You might understand what I am talking about. Society has come along way to accepting alternative lifestyles. But it is nowhere near what the media is trying to make you believe it is.
How would you know?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 10th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Opensource wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 8:01 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 7:38 pm

How would you know?
I have eyes. And a brain.