wild@nite
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 503 times

Pick 'Em

Re: James Love

Post by wild@nite » February 6th, 2020, 10:26 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:18 pm
No way of knowing, but I think the rash of foot injuries to key players amounts to nuthin' more than bad luck. I doubt there is anyone to blame.
I totally disagree. I don't know as much as Puff, but overuse while playing heavier than what is optimal (excess mass) contributes, imo.

xtrawildcat
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 189 times

Post by xtrawildcat » February 6th, 2020, 11:58 pm

James Love was far from being heavier that what is optimal. They may be doing weight training that is detrimental but Love was not heavy at all.

ToledoCat#2
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 237 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 7th, 2020, 12:16 am

Perhaps it's more than bad luck, but perhaps not.

As far as I know, there is no "proof" the foot injuries were/are more than coincidence.

If there is a reason, I hope they find out about it soon and get it fixed.

stlcatfan
Has liked: 868 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by stlcatfan » February 7th, 2020, 12:43 am

I assume if we fans on a message board are discussing this, then I'm fairly sure the coaching staff has been, as well. Hopefully, it is nothing more than just a string of unfortunate luck.

Get well soon, James.

Hypeman
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Hypeman » February 7th, 2020, 7:11 am

Perhaps they should replace their medical and training staffs.

gdgjr78
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 7th, 2020, 10:01 am

Puffdad wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm
No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.
There’s something in the water for sure. I have my suspicions as I’ve stated several times. This is what I know for sure. The same guy who had two broken metatarsals in both feet, a completely torn plantar fasciitis, and numerous other foot injuries in Manhattan hasn’t had a twinge in many more minutes than he ever had at K-State. And that’s in summer league, 20 some NBA tryouts, G league, and the NBA. Go figure.
There is an enormous amount of smoke for there to be no fire imo. I guess hypothetically the plethora of foot injuries our bigs have experienced were just bad luck but it isn't statistically likely.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

PurpleWildcat
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by PurpleWildcat » February 7th, 2020, 10:17 am

epicsnyder wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:50 pm
tmcats wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:14 pm

missouri lost a 5* porter kid last year and 4* tillmon this year to foot injuries.
Um.....no. Porter was multiple knee injuries. But thanks for playing.
If you’re talking Michael Porter, I thought it was back issues. Kept him from playing his first year with the Denver Nuggets also.

Puffdad
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 494 times

Post by Puffdad » February 7th, 2020, 10:34 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 10:01 am
Puffdad wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm

There’s something in the water for sure. I have my suspicions as I’ve stated several times. This is what I know for sure. The same guy who had two broken metatarsals in both feet, a completely torn plantar fasciitis, and numerous other foot injuries in Manhattan hasn’t had a twinge in many more minutes than he ever had at K-State. And that’s in summer league, 20 some NBA tryouts, G league, and the NBA. Go figure.
There is an enormous amount of smoke for there to be no fire imo. I guess hypothetically the plethora of foot injuries our bigs have experienced were just bad luck but it isn't statistically likely.
Exactly. I suppose in a court of law you couldn’t call it proof but a preponderance of the evidence shows there is a problem. Dean’s history this year vs. his career is about all you need to look at. DJ is another example. He could never really practice his entire career at K- State after his broken foot. And that’s over 3 years. And then he’s just “lucky” that he goes overseas a few months after he graduates and plays professionally for 3 years and has absolutely no foot problems?? Don’t think so either. And same extended problems in college for Maurice, Williams, Shadd, and Love?

wild@nite
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 503 times

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 7th, 2020, 11:03 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 11:58 pm
James Love was far from being heavier that what is optimal. They may be doing weight training that is detrimental but Love was not heavy at all.
Correct. Love wasn't, but Dean and DJ probably accrued more muscle mass than what was optimal for their frames, especially when you factor in the continuous training methods. I may be wrong, but I think it's happened way too much to be coincidence, especially when you factor in how healthy Dean has been since he left.

ToledoCat#2
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 237 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 7th, 2020, 11:26 am

This argument is kind of moot. Everyone hopes the foot problems of our bigs goes away.