AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

James Love

Post by AJcat7755 » February 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 6th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Too bad. The kid has had nothing but bad luck since he arrived seemingly a decade ago.

Best of luck to him.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 6th, 2020, 5:04 pm

As with so many things in our lives, we don't have control. I'm sorry for the young man, but I believe he will do well with his life.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm

No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 6th, 2020, 5:48 pm

I wish nothing but the best for this young man. I hope he is able to get his degree so that if he doesn't play any more basketball, he has a college degree to fall back on.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 6th, 2020, 6:14 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm
No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.
missouri lost a 5* porter kid last year and 4* tillmon this year to foot injuries.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » February 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
There’s something in the water for sure. I have my suspicions as I’ve stated several times. This is what I know for sure. The same guy who had two broken metatarsals in both feet, a completely torn plantar fasciitis, and numerous other foot injuries in Manhattan hasn’t had a twinge in many more minutes than he ever had at K-State. And that’s in summer league, 20 some NBA tryouts, G league, and the NBA. Go figure.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 6th, 2020, 9:18 pm

No way of knowing, but I think the rash of foot injuries to key players amounts to nuthin' more than bad luck. I doubt there is anyone to blame.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 6th, 2020, 9:50 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:14 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
missouri lost a 5* porter kid last year and 4* tillmon this year to foot injuries.
Um.....no. Porter was multiple knee injuries. But thanks for playing.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 6th, 2020, 9:52 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:18 pm
No way of knowing, but I think the rash of foot injuries to key players amounts to nuthin' more than bad luck. I doubt there is anyone to blame.
You're surely joking. An occasional injury? Yes, I'd agree with you. But we have them over and over and over, Year after year after year. It's much more than "bad luck".