So what do we think of Fran's comments

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Puffdad

Re: So what do we think of Fran's comments

Post by Puffdad » February 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 12:31 pm
I agree, it isn't his place, but he is getting his info from somebody, and I'm betting it's the coaching staff.
Why would the coaching staff do that? It’s just going to multiply their problems.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » February 4th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Nothing Fran said was groundbreaking info. Pretty obvious info that you could have gotten from him coming off the bench, comments from Weber, way we're recruiting, etc, heck even reading this forum. Plenty of speculation... and that is what Fran was doing too much of.. speculating at Cartiers expense.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » February 4th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Puffdad wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm
wild@nite wrote:
I agree, it isn't his place, but he is getting his info from somebody, and I'm betting it's the coaching staff.
Why would the coaching staff do that? It’s just going to multiply their problems.

I have no idea puff, but the reason I first thought it may be coming from the coaches is when Fran said his mind was on professional basketball. I am not sure where Fran would come up with that information. Now, my guess would be, behind closed doors with the coaches in a meeting yesterday, one of the coaches may have said something to Fran about why Carti is not starting, body language etc and in passing the coach may have said, "well, we can't get his head on Kstate basketball, he's too worried about the pro's," or something like that, not meaning for it to be used on the broadcast.

I think coaches are usually pretty honest about their teams when talking in normal conversation. If Fran used information from what might have been considered just a chat among longtime coaching colleague buddies, I don't like that. However, if you are saying it to a media member, it is fair game for the world to hear.

I agree that I don't see many comparisons between Carti and Foster. To me Foster was actively trying to sabotage the team and bring others down. I don't think Carti is doing that at all. I just think he is not 100% committed to winning at this point.

I will say this, one of the beat writers had a pic of Carti yesterday two hours before the game out shooting by himself in uniform. He still appears to be working on his game. Whether that is for the pro's or what, who knows, but he is still working at it.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » February 4th, 2020, 1:14 pm

I would agree that it probably came from the same sources we all hear. If it was the coaching staff that would be extremely disappointing. And shocking. Highly doubtful knowing Weber’s staff.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » February 4th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 1:09 pm
Puffdad wrote:

I have no idea puff, but the reason I first thought it may be coming from the coaches is when Fran said his mind was on professional basketball. I am not sure where Fran would come up with that information. Now, my guess would be, behind closed doors with the coaches in a meeting yesterday, one of the coaches may have said something to Fran about why Carti is not starting, body language etc and in passing the coach may have said, "well, we can't get his head on Kstate basketball, he's too worried about the pro's," or something like that, not meaning for it to be used on the broadcast.

I think coaches are usually pretty honest about their teams when talking in normal conversation. If Fran used information from what might have been considered just a chat among longtime coaching colleague buddies, I don't like that. However, if you are saying it to a media member, it is fair game for the world to hear.

I agree that I don't see many comparisons between Carti and Foster. To me Foster was actively trying to sabotage the team and bring others down. I don't think Carti is doing that at all. I just think he is not 100% committed to winning at this point.

I will say this, one of the beat writers had a pic of Carti yesterday two hours before the game out shooting by himself in uniform. He still appears to be working on his game. Whether that is for the pro's or what, who knows, but he is still working at it.

If Cartier thinks he’s going pro next year, he’s in for a huge shock.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 4th, 2020, 1:18 pm

coach addresses carti/fran thingy in post-game presser.

https://youtu.be/3MBbJ5ha_Js
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 4th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Puffdad wrote:
wild@nite wrote:
I may be way off on my speculation that the info came from our staff, and I do not think it was very professional of Fran, but it needed to be said by someone. Now that it's been said on national TV, if the attitude doesn't change, I'd like to see us move on. KSU basketball > Cartier Diarra. Too many talented, young kids here and coming in next year, to keep jacking around with this type of situation, imo.
Last edited by wild@nite on February 4th, 2020, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donley

Post by donley » February 4th, 2020, 1:59 pm

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 4th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Reading that doesn't make me feel any better about my speculations in this situation.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 4th, 2020, 4:07 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 1:18 pm
coach addresses carti/fran thingy in post-game presser.

https://youtu.be/3MBbJ5ha_Js
So question was ask of Weber “is Baylor the best team in the nation” and his answer was “no question” followed with some reasoning. Then the same question was ask of Sneed and his reply was “no comment”. Just curious why that reply. Any thoughts?

He obviously didn’t look very happy and understandably so. He’s pretty much only had success since being at KSU. This year is far from what he’s been used to and it’s not exactly how any player wants their senior season to go.