WVU Game Thread and Notes

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KITNooga

Re: WVU Game Thread and Notes

Post by KITNooga » February 1st, 2020, 6:29 pm

bigpurpleman wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 5:32 pm
Honestly, I was shocked we actually scored 57.
this team is going to win some games down the stretch that will surprise a bunch of folks.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

learnin

Post by learnin » February 1st, 2020, 6:34 pm

David Sloan, when asked about the shooting woes, had an interesting thing to say. He said poor shooting was due to a different brand of ball. WVU uses Spaulding balls and Sloan says they are somewhat different sized balls than the Nike's used by K-State.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » February 1st, 2020, 6:54 pm

WVU is too strong inside to beat them without making some threes. We didn't do it today. And didn't make free throws.

We did lots of other things well enough to win today but those two parts of the game are critical on the road against a good team. And some times you make those shots and still get beat on the road.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm

learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:34 pm
David Sloan, when asked about the shooting woes, had an interesting thing to say. He said poor shooting was due to a different brand of ball. WVU uses Spaulding balls and Sloan says they are somewhat different sized balls than the Nike's used by K-State.
If that is true that is 100% on the coaching staff. EVERY other basketball team in America knows what their opponent uses, has it in the equipment room, has the managers get THOSE balls out for the days leading up to the game. No excuse for that. Whatsoever. We should have a closet full of every damn ball made in the world and those used by every opponent we face. That is ridiculous if true. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » February 1st, 2020, 7:52 pm

learnin wrote:
:roll: If poor shooting hadn't been a problem all year I might (probably not) believe this. Still I've seen some progression from the newcomers and it gives me some hope for next year.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

learnin

Post by learnin » February 1st, 2020, 8:14 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm
learnin wrote:
If that is true that is 100% on the coaching staff. EVERY other basketball team in America knows what their opponent uses, has it in the equipment room, has the managers get THOSE balls out for the days leading up to the game. No excuse for that. Whatsoever. We should have a closet full of every damn ball made in the world and those used by every opponent we face. That is ridiculous if true. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Or, there ought to be one official basketball used across the board.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » February 1st, 2020, 8:26 pm

learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 8:14 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm

Or, there ought to be one official basketball used across the board.
If its round and the same dimensions then good shooters dont care. If I was Weber I would tell my guys to stop with the excuses, it reinforces a weak mental attitude imo.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » February 1st, 2020, 8:42 pm

I would guess that you are not a shooter.
Win the dang day!

learnin

Post by learnin » February 1st, 2020, 9:51 pm

I don’t know if there’s much of a difference between the Spalding and Nike. I do know if one is somewhat lighter, or heavier, that would make a difference in shooting.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » February 1st, 2020, 10:31 pm

Too much is being made of one players comments.