WVU Game Thread and Notes

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
KITNooga
Posts: 5710
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 292 times

Re: WVU Game Thread and Notes

Post by KITNooga » February 1st, 2020, 6:29 pm

bigpurpleman wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 5:32 pm
Honestly, I was shocked we actually scored 57.
this team is going to win some games down the stretch that will surprise a bunch of folks.
These users liked KITNooga for the post:
Section 12-2 (February 1st, 2020, 9:49 pm)

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 12279
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 753 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by learnin » February 1st, 2020, 6:34 pm

David Sloan, when asked about the shooting woes, had an interesting thing to say. He said poor shooting was due to a different brand of ball. WVU uses Spaulding balls and Sloan says they are somewhat different sized balls than the Nike's used by K-State.

xtrawildcat
Posts: 4976
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 189 times

Post by xtrawildcat » February 1st, 2020, 6:54 pm

WVU is too strong inside to beat them without making some threes. We didn't do it today. And didn't make free throws.

We did lots of other things well enough to win today but those two parts of the game are critical on the road against a good team. And some times you make those shots and still get beat on the road.

epicsnyder
Posts: 858
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 10:55 am
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by epicsnyder » February 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm

learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:34 pm
David Sloan, when asked about the shooting woes, had an interesting thing to say. He said poor shooting was due to a different brand of ball. WVU uses Spaulding balls and Sloan says they are somewhat different sized balls than the Nike's used by K-State.
If that is true that is 100% on the coaching staff. EVERY other basketball team in America knows what their opponent uses, has it in the equipment room, has the managers get THOSE balls out for the days leading up to the game. No excuse for that. Whatsoever. We should have a closet full of every damn ball made in the world and those used by every opponent we face. That is ridiculous if true. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

User avatar
gdgjr78
Posts: 5379
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Location: Ta Town
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 1st, 2020, 7:52 pm

learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:34 pm
David Sloan, when asked about the shooting woes, had an interesting thing to say. He said poor shooting was due to a different brand of ball. WVU uses Spaulding balls and Sloan says they are somewhat different sized balls than the Nike's used by K-State.
:roll: If poor shooting hadn't been a problem all year I might (probably not) believe this. Still I've seen some progression from the newcomers and it gives me some hope for next year.
These users liked gdgjr78 for the post:
learnin (February 1st, 2020, 8:14 pm)
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 12279
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 753 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by learnin » February 1st, 2020, 8:14 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm
learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:34 pm
David Sloan, when asked about the shooting woes, had an interesting thing to say. He said poor shooting was due to a different brand of ball. WVU uses Spaulding balls and Sloan says they are somewhat different sized balls than the Nike's used by K-State.
If that is true that is 100% on the coaching staff. EVERY other basketball team in America knows what their opponent uses, has it in the equipment room, has the managers get THOSE balls out for the days leading up to the game. No excuse for that. Whatsoever. We should have a closet full of every damn ball made in the world and those used by every opponent we face. That is ridiculous if true. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Or, there ought to be one official basketball used across the board.

User avatar
gdgjr78
Posts: 5379
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Location: Ta Town
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 1st, 2020, 8:26 pm

learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 8:14 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm


If that is true that is 100% on the coaching staff. EVERY other basketball team in America knows what their opponent uses, has it in the equipment room, has the managers get THOSE balls out for the days leading up to the game. No excuse for that. Whatsoever. We should have a closet full of every damn ball made in the world and those used by every opponent we face. That is ridiculous if true. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Or, there ought to be one official basketball used across the board.
If its round and the same dimensions then good shooters dont care. If I was Weber I would tell my guys to stop with the excuses, it reinforces a weak mental attitude imo.
These users liked gdgjr78 for the post:
hilltopwildcat (February 2nd, 2020, 6:00 pm)
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Zoltar
Posts: 861
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 5:01 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by Zoltar » February 1st, 2020, 8:42 pm

I would guess that you are not a shooter.
These users liked Zoltar for the post:
epicsnyder (February 1st, 2020, 11:36 pm)
Win the dang day!

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 12279
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 753 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by learnin » February 1st, 2020, 9:51 pm

I don’t know if there’s much of a difference between the Spalding and Nike. I do know if one is somewhat lighter, or heavier, that would make a difference in shooting.

xtrawildcat
Posts: 4976
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 189 times

Post by xtrawildcat » February 1st, 2020, 10:31 pm

Too much is being made of one players comments.

Post Reply