Let's get the discussion going.

All time records:
ISU: 539-653-46 (45.396%)
KSU: 538-650-42 (45.447%)

Head to Head record: Iowa State leads 50-48-4

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 26th, 2019, 3:33 pm

aj, what's ku's all-time record from your source? i understand they will soon be the b12's losingest program.

as for farmageddon, shut down isu's run game, make them one-dimensional, and they're beatable. if they're balanced, they're a tough egg to crack. we need stellar play by the front seven to win this game. otherwise, we probably don't hang in a shootout.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 26th, 2019, 8:23 pm

I don't see ISU's receivers as being dynamic at all. In fact, I put their WRs below ours, even if they have size to their advantage. They just aren't anything to really be concerned with athletically. They are decent, but I don't "fear" them. Their TEs is where they have some degree of special skill players that garner additional respect. That said, we have VERY athletic LBers to run with them. I think we have the best LB 'unit" in the B12 - name a team with a better LB unit than ours? Our guys are sideline to sideline LBers. Haven't heard much about "lacking speed" this year have we? Sure, plenty of complaints of bad tackling from time to time, but not much complaints about not having the speed. OU tried to out flank us and couldn't get it done. That should say something.

I feel very confident in our ability to defend against ISU. My primary concern is will our OL actually coming out with a painted face and a dark heart with some very bad intentions in mind - like the kind of intentions they brought to the KU game. If we come out with that kind of motivation along both lines of scrimmage, we will win handily. This is a SR OL. This is their last time to ever play a home game at Bill Snyder Family stadium. If they can't get a hard-on to play this game, somebody needs to give them an IV of Blue Chew. Strap it on fellas. One more time to shine for the home crowd.

I expect this to be another tight, 4th quarter game, that will come down to one score either way. We just have to find a way to make a play late in the game like we did last week. I look for this game to be a 34-31 'ish type of game. Two very evenly matched teams. ISU just has had more time in their program under their coach than we have. Once Klieman can get the meat hooks in, I expect KSU to own this game yearly.
EMAW

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » November 26th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Restore the order 'Cats!
These users thanked the author kinsleycat for the post:
RichardZ

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » November 26th, 2019, 10:16 pm

I love your optimism - I just don’t put a ton of stock in the OU win at this point in season. A number of significant injuries has saddled this team since then. I’m not sure where the comments about having good LBs - I saw them beat repeatedly by the backs and tight end in WVU game. Our line has not dominated as they should being all senior line. And to be honest I think they have a more dynamic QB. But I agree a one score game - I’m just fearful we won’t be able to stop them on the last drive 😬
Tbonespop wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:23 pm
I don't see ISU's receivers as being dynamic at all. In fact, I put their WRs below ours, even if they have size to their advantage. They just aren't anything to really be concerned with athletically. They are decent, but I don't "fear" them. Their TEs is where they have some degree of special skill players that garner additional respect. That said, we have VERY athletic LBers to run with them. I think we have the best LB 'unit" in the B12 - name a team with a better LB unit than ours? Our guys are sideline to sideline LBers. Haven't heard much about "lacking speed" this year have we? Sure, plenty of complaints of bad tackling from time to time, but not much complaints about not having the speed. OU tried to out flank us and couldn't get it done. That should say something.

I feel very confident in our ability to defend against ISU. My primary concern is will our OL actually coming out with a painted face and a dark heart with some very bad intentions in mind - like the kind of intentions they brought to the KU game. If we come out with that kind of motivation along both lines of scrimmage, we will win handily. This is a SR OL. This is their last time to ever play a home game at Bill Snyder Family stadium. If they can't get a hard-on to play this game, somebody needs to give them an IV of Blue Chew. Strap it on fellas. One more time to shine for the home crowd.

I expect this to be another tight, 4th quarter game, that will come down to one score either way. We just have to find a way to make a play late in the game like we did last week. I look for this game to be a 34-31 'ish type of game. Two very evenly matched teams. ISU just has had more time in their program under their coach than we have. Once Klieman can get the meat hooks in, I expect KSU to own this game yearly.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 26th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Ksustephens wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 10:16 pm
I love your optimism - I just don’t put a ton of stock in the OU win at this point in season. A number of significant injuries has saddled this team since then. I’m not sure where the comments about having good LBs - I saw them beat repeatedly by the backs and tight end in WVU game. Our line has not dominated as they should being all senior line. And to be honest I think they have a more dynamic QB. But I agree a one score game - I’m just fearful we won’t be able to stop them on the last drive 😬
Tbonespop wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Defensively, go re-watch the first half of the TTU game and compare it to the second half. That is probably a better way to look at things than the OU game. It's not a DNA/talent problem. It's a coaching, scheme, and player execution problem. Sometimes we look like the 85 Bears, sometimes we look like the 85 KSU wildcats...And that can vary from half to half or even quarter to quarter.

Quite simply, there's overwhelming evidence its not a "can do" problem, because we have shown many times against high level opponents that we can get the job done.
EMAW

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » November 27th, 2019, 1:47 am

One could argue that the times we've got it done is because the coaching disguises correctly and the players execute. The other teams have good players too. Its a chess match and you win some, lose some. I mean, every team, from OU down to KU has shown to be vulnerable and get the job done from half to half.

First year staff, first year system, and many first year players trying to win us games. Gonna be peaks and valleys.

Again, just look at OU, the most talented team in this conference. Multiple times, they've looked like the 85 Bears in one half and the 85 Cats from half to half. Just saying, we're not unique in that aspect. I'd say Baylor has been the most consistent team all year long.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » November 30th, 2019, 2:15 pm

VEGAS isn't giving us much respect, being a home underdog with the exact same records at 7-4. If our Senior OL comes to play today to open up nice holes & give Skylar time to throw, we'll be sitting pretty IMO. This game will be won in the trenches & on Special teams IMO. Our D needs to limit big plays by Purdy & company.

If Youngblood or Knowles get loose on a return, watch out... could be a highlight on Sportscenter tonight.

Farmageddon will likely be close as always. Purple will reign supreme today!! Go Cats!

Opensource
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Opensource » November 30th, 2019, 2:31 pm

How will the wind impact this game?

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » November 30th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Here is hoping Iowa State, once again, does something that allows us to win.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke