cyclones coming for farmageddon ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

cyclones coming for farmageddon ...

Post by tmcats » November 24th, 2019, 2:41 pm

not sure what to think of cy. seems to me they haven't met expectations this year. but they are young with a fine qb in sir purdy. their run game is key to winning. shut that down, somehow, and make them one dimensional. if they're balanced, they're very good. their defense has been up and down, struggling yesterday with "miles to go." so, this strikes me as two well-matched teams in a game that should be a slobber-knocker. always appreciated isu for their land grant, spunky attitude and joint loathing of squawks. :|
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 24th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Pretty much two identical teams matching up head to head. It’s just going to come down to who wants it more and who makes the fewest mistakes. It will be a one score decided game. I expect KSU to win this game. It’s SR night, at home, at the Bill, at night. I expect us to win in a close one.
EMAW

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 24th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Should be a good game. Wish we were healthier, though.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

jabba
Has thanked: 0

Post by jabba » November 24th, 2019, 6:05 pm

If we were healthier id feel better. I don't know their injury status but we are thread bare especially in WR and defensive secondary. Im glad its at home and Ill be there but the crowd will be thin as well Id bet. Students gone and thanksgiving weekend hopefully the wx will be nice the way to early says pt cloudy and 44 which will be fine as long as the wind isn't howling. Its always a good game and I have always liked ISU as well.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 24th, 2019, 6:56 pm

KSU needs to restore order. Everybody has injuries this time of year. A lot of our kids that were classified as Freshman aren't really freshman by this time of the season. Time to step up and play some football. Nothing to lose at this point. Play hard, play disciplined, go win a football game. Expect this to be a one score Win for KSU.
EMAW

Opensource
Been thanked: 0

Post by Opensource » November 24th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Poor recruiting classes over the last 5 years makes our injuries a bigger problem because of a lack of depth. Next year might be worse because each of the next three year senior classes gets worse in talent.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 24th, 2019, 10:40 pm

There's 2 ways to put a better product on the field. 1) Get the players that you have to play better and 2) Get better players. Ain't nothing anybody can do about #2 at this point. No excuses. Coach'em up fellas. The coaches have had some of "their guys" in the system now for almost a full season. We've got some key freshman with still under 4 games played that could get reps if needed. Its one game. What one man can do, another can do. Time to step up. EMAW
EMAW

jabba

Post by jabba » November 25th, 2019, 6:59 am

a 6pm kickoff definitely isnt gonna help with people being there..

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » November 25th, 2019, 10:30 am

jabba wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 6:59 am
a 6pm kickoff definitely isnt gonna help with people being there..
Currently calling for partly sunny with 49 for the high and 27 for the low, 10 mph. Not that bad, actually very good football weather for late November at night. Buck up Cat fans. Either get your sorry asses in the stands or STFU. Our players bust it all year. If we can't show up for one game in chilly weather we don't deserve a football team. JMHO.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 25th, 2019, 11:50 am

actually, additional students may come back for this night game. that would not happen if it was an 11am kickoff. if the weather stays good, no precip, then this should be a good crowd. people will want to 'get over' thanksgiving at "the bill."

i just hope we have enough health cats to field a team.
Why is there something rather than nothing?