Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Re: Messingham is a problem

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » November 19th, 2019, 2:59 pm

powercat5000 wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 2:48 pm
Kid In the Hall wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 1:34 pm
I think it's a good play. But, Mess has to take into account some other factors - we saw the "bad" OL for most of the game, WVU was getting consistent pressure and - I might be wrong on this - weren't we throwing into a decent wind at that point? A 30-yard throw into the wind isn't always a gimme.

Hindsight and all that, but we had dinked/dunked our way down the field and still had time to keep taking what WVU was giving up (especially considering how far off the DBs were playing).
Well Thompson was the one on the field with the ball in his hand so he wouldve known if he can complete that pass, what bothered me was the running back that couldve had a first down at the least running across the field. I wish sky would've just taken what the defense gave him at that point, but in the heat of the moment and with the defensive pressure he obviously didn't see the rb. It's just one play of many,
That route was open and was given to him. He just didnt step into it to get it through the wind. Play call was great. If he checked down and then we ended up not scoring, everyone would have pointed out he could've thrown the deep ball and would have won. THere were many plays before that play that also hurt and put us in that position in the first place. Those have to be cleaned up.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 19th, 2019, 5:16 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 2:57 pm
tmcats wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 2:58 pm
you miss the point. i don't take it seriously. it's laughable.
Your post, laughable, no. Condescending, yes.
that too. you're easy to laugh at. your constant negativity breeds that kind of response.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » November 19th, 2019, 7:51 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 5:16 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Your post, laughable, no. Condescending, yes.
that too. you're easy to laugh at. your constant negativity breeds that kind of response.
Negativity? Hah. This is negativity, and condescending, and inappropriate.

"this thread, what a joke. two years ago it was dana dimel. last year it was sean. now it's mess. so many experts here. you all should be coaching making all those adjustments and hundreds of thousands/year to boot rather than spending your time here beating keys. i have an idea, go buy one of those cool 'cats' helmets this afternoon and save us the expert reads."

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » November 19th, 2019, 8:50 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 7:51 pm
tmcats wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 5:16 pm

"this thread, what a joke. two years ago it was dana dimel. last year it was sean. now it's mess. so many experts here. you all should be coaching making all those adjustments and hundreds of thousands/year to boot rather than spending your time here beating keys. i have an idea, go buy one of those cool 'cats' helmets this afternoon and save us the expert reads."
what a joke. you write/post incendiary commentary. inviting opinionated response to your own opinions and then go cower in the corner when someone calls you on your crap.

if you want to play the 'bomb-throwing' 'supposedly pulitzer level' poster, put on your big boy pants and deal with it. no need to 'call for mommy' when the elbows come back as sharp as you are throwing.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » November 20th, 2019, 2:11 am

wrote: ↑

tmcats wrote: ↑

pulitzerdave spews crap.
2nd Gereration Football Coach here -- Spent my first 16 years in the company of HOF coaches in Ark, Ok, TexAzz, Mo.
Plus All-Americans from Vanderbilt, Mo, Ark, Tenn, TexAzz, OkieHomer, Michigan, Michigan St and even NAIA Natty Champions.

People like you make my anus hurt. You have no concept of the day-to-day details that go into coaching and playing College football, no matter what level.

So it would behoove you to take your "Expert Knowledge" fold it five times and stick it where the moon and sun will never shine.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » November 23rd, 2019, 4:45 am

AJcat7755
As much blame as Messingham gets, that last play was setup perfectly for a TD. Schoen was open. Problem was the OL, which was getting manhandled all day got pushed back leading to a harder throw then necessary. Then again, you can blame Messgingham for trying to do a play that takes time to develop with a OL that was failing all day.
At some point, the OC has to believe the OL can do it's job for one damned play.

Trust has to come from somewhere and be based on belief in performance.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » November 23rd, 2019, 7:20 am

ArKSU wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 4:45 am
AJcat7755
As much blame as Messingham gets, that last play was setup perfectly for a TD. Schoen was open. Problem was the OL, which was getting manhandled all day got pushed back leading to a harder throw then necessary. Then again, you can blame Messgingham for trying to do a play that takes time to develop with a OL that was failing all day.
At some point, the OC has to believe the OL can do it's job for one damned play.

What is the OL deal? Absolute beasts vs OU but beyond horrid vs WV and Baylor. I have a hard time believing the talent level on the DL at WV and Baylor is superior to OU so what gives? The “inconsistency” is not a typical trait of an OL. Typically an OL is what it is especially when there aren’t many injuries.

The play of this unit is the most perplexing and disappointing part of 2019 to me especially considering the experience. However, spin zone, it’s why I’m not that nervous about 2020 OL like many were saying at the beginning of the year.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 23rd, 2019, 8:05 am

ksustars754 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 7:20 am
ArKSU wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 4:45 am

What is the OL deal? Absolute beasts vs OU but beyond horrid vs WV and Baylor. I have a hard time believing the talent level on the DL at WV and Baylor is superior to OU so what gives? The “inconsistency” is not a typical trait of an OL. Typically an OL is what it is especially when there aren’t many injuries.

The play of this unit is the most perplexing and disappointing part of 2019 to me especially considering the experience. However, spin zone, it’s why I’m not that nervous about 2020 OL like many were saying at the beginning of the year.
Agreed. Our OL looked good this season, not only against OU, but also against MSU and KU (not to mention the two non P5 schools). It seems this season as our OL and DL go, so go our wins and losses this season. It all starts up front.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » November 23rd, 2019, 9:07 am

Actually, I think WVU and Baylor's Dlines are absolutely better than OU's. Our Online is still Bipolar though.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 23rd, 2019, 10:03 am

txt's run game defense is next to last in the league. so, we shall see. we shouldn't discount the injuries in the backfield either. i like messingham. he's calling ck's game.
Why is there something rather than nothing?