And we got rid of Snyder for this? Really??

The defending Big XII Champions
powercat5000

Re: And we got rid of Snyder for this? Really??

Post by powercat5000 » November 17th, 2019, 8:15 am

Give Klieman time
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » November 17th, 2019, 8:51 am

This loss will make it pretty hard to get to 8 wins but who knows?

Big plays (mistakes) made a huge difference today. I think the backbreaker was probably Goolsby letting the WVU get behind him on 3rd and 2 miles for the touch.

Pretty lethargic effort after a nice 3 and out and then the bomb to Schoen. Felt like we may have packed it in after that.

Last time I looked we had mostly the better stats. Just f'd up at the worst possible times. Congrats to the 'eers for coming in and winning a tough game.

KStateguy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by KStateguy » November 17th, 2019, 9:20 am

First off, this is a stupid thread. Typical knee jerk reaction after a loss your team pretty much gave away.
Second, how come everyone is mentioning every reason for the loss other than the obvious one.........the last bonehead TD they scored which we gave them on 4th and forever with a QB scrambling for his life. Our safety covered a man that didn't need to be covered and let HIS man slip behind him with out even seeing him. If you take that dumb@$$ play away, we win this game. I say the loss is on the secondary's worst game of the year by far. We had a pretty green QB come in and light us up. I know our Oline was asleep in the first half and got dominated by their D Line but the secondary just made some of the dumbest plays I have seen out of them all year.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 17th, 2019, 9:42 am

Hopefully the lessons from this game will get our players re-focused for the final two games. When we are dialed in and focused, we are a darn good team.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 17th, 2019, 9:46 am

this behoovy diatribe is "cult of frank" level. i haven't seen one since that group was in meeting other places years ago. actually, i didn't waste time reading the thread nor more than a couple sentences of the opening to come to that conclusion.

skylar doesn't underthrow that last pass, k-state wins and this board is all shine rather than shade. deep breath now, boys before the next attack. and oh, be sure to pick up one of those cute 'cats' helmets. i'm confident they'll be discounted.

bhoovy wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 7:33 pm
We’re starring at 6-6. I have no confidence we can stop Tech in Lubbock and we likely won’t be able to move the ball on or stop ISU.

Snyder could have easily done this well. Maybe he doesn’t pull off the OU upset but he offsets it with winning this one today or one of the other losses. He did the same thing in winning some games he maybe shouldn’t and losing several he should have won.

Gene let a coach go to hire a buddy and if this team isn’t a ton better next season, he better be willing to look at understanding he made a mistake and correct it quickly.

Our offense is crap. And the D is schizo. I don’t believe Klieman will be any better about making coaching changes than Snyder was and it will part if his downfall as he needs to already make a change at OC.

And the other side of the field today had the better defensive coaches , who were ex-KSU coaches.

I know many won’t agree with this post and I don’t care. I’ve read more rants on this board about far less and this is mine. We missed the boat on a home run hire and starring at another possible Prince fiasco.

Hey come next week I’ll turn it on and be cheering them on to get the win and I’ll be hoping Klieman proves me to be extremely wrong, but while I’ll be cheering I truly have no confidence or optimism for this season.

Losing a home game to a team like WVU is inexcusable.

I don’t know what your expectations were for this season but if we’ve fulfilled it than maybe that’s part of the problem is we just have low expectations. But I expect to compete for a chance to play for or in championships and at the least finish in the top 3.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Upser67456

Post by Upser67456 » November 17th, 2019, 10:24 am

Let me start by saying I was against the klieman hire. Felt we needed someone younger. With that said, I'm bee impressed with this staff. Sure, yesterday was embarrassing, but so was hanging on to beat a FCS team and watching qn run every other play. Synders recruiting strategy was non existent and there where ZERO rbs on scholarship after last yr. If you thing this team would have been better at this point, tour delusional. Give it time

ToledoCat#2
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » November 17th, 2019, 10:29 am

Stupid post. Only purpose is for ranting -- which fans are entitled to do.

My take? Coach Klieman will be the 2nd most successful coach in KSU history -- behind Snyder. Relax, folks. Give this staff time to recruit its own players and coach them up.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » November 18th, 2019, 7:30 am

"be sure to pick up one of those cute 'cats' helmets. i'm confident they'll be discounted."

Gee thanks, I was in the parking lot by 9:30 and hustled over to get one because I was told they only had 5 available. Oh well, it just goes in my collection. Powercat still hold front and center.

WildcatGrad90

Post by WildcatGrad90 » November 18th, 2019, 9:20 am

tmcats wrote:
November 17th, 2019, 9:46 am
this behoovy diatribe is "cult of frank" level. i haven't seen one since that group was in meeting other places years ago. actually, i didn't waste time reading the thread nor more than a couple sentences of the opening to come to that conclusion.

skylar doesn't underthrow that last pass, k-state wins and this board is all shine rather than shade. deep breath now, boys before the next attack. and oh, be sure to pick up one of those cute 'cats' helmets. i'm confident they'll be discounted.

bhoovy wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 7:33 pm
We’re starring at 6-6. I have no confidence we can stop Tech in Lubbock and we likely won’t be able to move the ball on or stop ISU.

Snyder could have easily done this well. Maybe he doesn’t pull off the OU upset but he offsets it with winning this one today or one of the other losses. He did the same thing in winning some games he maybe shouldn’t and losing several he should have won.

Gene let a coach go to hire a buddy and if this team isn’t a ton better next season, he better be willing to look at understanding he made a mistake and correct it quickly.

Our offense is crap. And the D is schizo. I don’t believe Klieman will be any better about making coaching changes than Snyder was and it will part if his downfall as he needs to already make a change at OC.

And the other side of the field today had the better defensive coaches , who were ex-KSU coaches.

I know many won’t agree with this post and I don’t care. I’ve read more rants on this board about far less and this is mine. We missed the boat on a home run hire and starring at another possible Prince fiasco.

Hey come next week I’ll turn it on and be cheering them on to get the win and I’ll be hoping Klieman proves me to be extremely wrong, but while I’ll be cheering I truly have no confidence or optimism for this season.

Losing a home game to a team like WVU is inexcusable.

I don’t know what your expectations were for this season but if we’ve fulfilled it than maybe that’s part of the problem is we just have low expectations. But I expect to compete for a chance to play for or in championships and at the least finish in the top 3.
I feel the same way TM. Looks to me like the same negative posters could be listed and they are the same ones that bashed Weber. Some people only see the glass being empty rather than giving the glass a chance to become full. These negative posts about a new coach is just an example of how our world now revolves around instant gratification. Yes, everyone has a right to express their opinion, but some of these guys are just sad in their timing and reasoning.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 19th, 2019, 6:58 am

csteel25 wrote:
November 17th, 2019, 10:26 am
Big fan of our coach, but our team was not as motivated as WVU/WVU staff. We need to be ready for buzzsaws.
I believe TTU is still within reach of a bowl game so they (like WVU) will be fired up. We need to be ready to go this week or we may see another loss.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln