K-State vs. WVU

The defending Big XII Champions
purogato
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: K-State vs. WVU

Post by purogato » November 13th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Dang that's sick. I don't remember that happening. Did the UT player get penalized? And can KSU press for any further punishment from the Big 12?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 13th, 2019, 1:26 pm

purogato wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 1:18 pm
Dang that's sick. I don't remember that happening. Did the UT player get penalized? And can KSU press for any further punishment from the Big 12?
Initially, the refs didn't see the hit. CK asked for and received a review by the upstairs officials. the player was then ejected for targeting.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » November 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm

that's a dirtier play than the palomalu hit

there are plays that happen at game speed. then stuff like this.

might be intersting to see this as a play control foul and the penalty (missed game time) is minimum one game suspension and in the case on longer term 'victim' being unable to play, extended to match.

that was factually, felonious assault.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » November 13th, 2019, 1:40 pm

As soon as I saw the hit, I thought "oh he's gone". Did not think that HCCK would have to ask for a review of something so blatant.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » November 13th, 2019, 1:55 pm

If he would have hit Gill in the chest and knocked him down, 15yd penalty for unnecessary roughness. But giving him a blow to the head is pretty blatant Targeting, and he was ejected as well. The refs got it right, even though they had to review it to get it right.

I wish there were 2 levels of Targeting. 1st level carrying an ejection and 1 game suspension for bam bam type plays, which covers a vast majority of targeting calls. And a level 2, which carries an ejection and 3 game suspension for blatant targeting(like against Gill). College football needs to take players like Jaylen Green out of the game for more than 4 quarters. Heck, Gill will be out at least that

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » November 13th, 2019, 4:34 pm

There's a ref standing literally 10 feet away looking in the direction of that cheap shot. Why the hell didn't he throw a flag? If not for the booth review that POS would have got away with battery.

Opensource
Been thanked: 0

Post by Opensource » November 13th, 2019, 5:16 pm

I have always thought that civil suits or assault charges need to happen more often in sports cases like this. Sport should not give you a pass.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » November 13th, 2019, 5:49 pm

CK said that he didn’t think the punishment was adequate. Here’s my proposal: the afflicted team (KState in this case) is allowed to pick any player from the opposing team to be ejected, in addition to the perpetrator. This would cure some of this thuggery.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » November 13th, 2019, 6:07 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 5:49 pm
CK said that he didn’t think the punishment was adequate. Here’s my proposal: the afflicted team (KState in this case) is allowed to pick any player from the opposing team to be ejected, in addition to the perpetrator. This would cure some of this thuggery.
Easy pick, the QB almost every time. Teams have backups at other positions with experience, but the backup QB usually has the least amount of experience.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » November 13th, 2019, 7:03 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 5:49 pm
So punishing an innocent player for another players dumb play is your answer? Seems ridiculous. Why not just punish the guilty party more harshly as opposed to punishing an innocent player? I don't really get this line of thinking at all.