Memphis playing player who is disqualifie. Will fight ruin NCAA

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Memphis playing player who is disqualifie. Will fight ruin NCAA

Post by SCKSCat » November 12th, 2019, 8:08 am

Memphis is suing the NCAA over their suspension of a star player. They are still playing him. Giving the man the bird. Even Bill didn't do this with Sousa. I say give them the death penalty. And no TV money

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » November 12th, 2019, 9:15 am

What Penny wants.............

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » November 12th, 2019, 9:57 am

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... igers-line

I have not followed this closely. A timeline is posted above for whatever it may be worth.

I was watching the Florida vs. Florida State game and Dick Vitale was bleating about how Wiseman should be allowed to play.

learnin

Post by learnin » November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am

So typical of Vitale and the anything goes as long as the party continues crowd. This is the beginning of the end of the student athlete. You persistently skirt and break the rules until you finally destroy what the rules were protecting and that’s proper order

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » November 12th, 2019, 11:10 am

The NCAA has to come down hard, if they want to stay relevant.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » November 12th, 2019, 11:24 am

Interesting that Laird V is the new AD. Seems out of character but, then again, I don’t know the facts. Gutsy!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 12th, 2019, 11:39 am

yeah, i forgot laird was a.d. at memphis now. just got the job for this? whew.

the ncaa is a self-regulating organization. i'm not sure how this works in mem's favor.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » November 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm

learnin wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am
So typical of Vitale and the anything goes as long as the party continues crowd. This is the beginning of the end of the student athlete. You persistently skirt and break the rules until you finally destroy what the rules were protecting and that’s proper order
learnin; don't expect you or anyone else to agree with this, but it is how I feel and how I see it.

if being Div I is 'this': I would rather go down a division. Love my cats. will follow/watch them 'within reason'.
that means nope, no espn+. would rather fllow a team of real student athletes, not MERCENARIES

I will not sell my soul just to win a national championship, or think we're on the path to one.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » November 12th, 2019, 6:46 pm

KITNooga wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm
learnin wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am
learnin; don't expect you or anyone else to agree with this, but it is how I feel and how I see it.

if being Div I is 'this': I would rather go down a division. Love my cats. will follow/watch them 'within reason'.
that means nope, no espn+. would rather fllow a team of real student athletes, not MERCENARIES

I will not sell my soul just to win a national championship, or think we're on the path to one.
LOL :rofl:

KSU has had plenty of “mercenaries.” We are better than most programs, far from perfect. A lot of players come our way because of coaches, facilities, and a future in sports, not because we have a great vet school. If that hurts your feelings, go root for Washburn. No one was bitching when we landed Beasley and Walker.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » November 13th, 2019, 1:25 am

NealyFan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:46 pm
KITNooga wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm

LOL :rofl:

KSU has had plenty of “mercenaries.” We are better than most programs, far from perfect. A lot of players come our way because of coaches, facilities, and a future in sports, not because we have a great vet school. If that hurts your feelings, go root for Washburn. No one was bitching when we landed Beasley and Walker.
you mis-remember my posts about beasley and the years following where he bounced around in the NBA. we did not do any favors to Mike. then again, I know no one else in the college basketball world would have either.

and isn't that a shame.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest