It all begins tonight. What are you interested in seeing?

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
purogato
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

It all begins tonight. What are you interested in seeing?

Post by purogato » October 29th, 2019, 8:21 am

Seems to me the most important thing to watch will be Ayoki Lee. I've heard she's going to be a difference maker. I doubt Washburn has any answer for someone her size, so we may not learn much about her tonight.

What are you interested in seeing/learning tonight?

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » October 29th, 2019, 9:00 am

How our new pt guard, Harris, blends with the other returners. Also, how do Simmons and Goodrich look after being injured last year.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » October 29th, 2019, 11:02 am

how do macke, beard, and chapman do at the 4. since peyton will be in wv with the vb team tonight, they will get a lot of minutes. i think macke is going to start.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 29th, 2019, 11:12 am

purogato wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 8:21 am
Seems to me the most important thing to watch will be Ayoki Lee. I've heard she's going to be a difference maker. I doubt Washburn has any answer for someone her size, so we may not learn much about her tonight.

What are you interested in seeing/learning tonight?
lee is an imposing figure. i agree it will be most interesting to see how she plays at the collegiate level starting tonight.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

oldcat59
Has thanked: 0

Post by oldcat59 » October 29th, 2019, 11:59 am

Savy appears to be the best she has been since arriving here ..... don't mean she will get a a ton of minutes...Goodrich is still tad bit timid about her injury.... seems to be getting more aggressive as she get more time of the practice floor.AYOKA is going to be a beast!

DMC

Post by DMC » October 29th, 2019, 12:25 pm

I t depends on what one calls a beast. Ill be watching to see if the team is fundamentally sound. do they block off the boards, do they use their left hand while going to the left. Do they use their left hand, on a left hand lay-up. do they use bounce passes for entry passes. Will they use a man to man defense as their primary defense and supplement zones, or will they use their zone and only go to the man to man when getting pounded. If Oyoka is going to use her size to rebound, she will not be a beast. If she blocks off the boards, then uses her size, hopefully she will be a beast. I despise our zone defense, more often then not we end up with a back side guard trying to rebound against two or three of the apposing team.