TCU 1:30 kick ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

TCU 1:30 kick ...

Post by tmcats » October 7th, 2019, 11:43 am

The Big 12 Conference announced that next Saturday's Big 12 battle between K-State and TCU has been slated for a 1:30 p.m. kick that will be broadcasted on Fox Sports Net.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » October 7th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Feels like TCU is a must win game in order to make a bowl game. 0-2 in the conference, at home, coming off a bye against a similar middle of the Big 12 program with OU coming into town next. TCU, @ KU and WVU seem like the 3 best chances for the 3 wins needed to make a bowl game.

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » October 11th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Iowa State is home this year so maybe there is a chance

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » October 12th, 2019, 12:55 pm

I’m not overly optimistic about us making a bowl. We have a coach trying to implement a system where he wants to really emphasize running between the tackles and I just don’t think we have the backs or line to be very successful. And we have qb that I just don’t think is making very good decisions.

The D has been pretty good and more than adequate if we had an explosive offense, but we don’t and the D just gets run down.

If we lose to TCU at home on Saturday I’m not sure we’ll win more than one more game this season if that.

Klieman says a lot of the right things but offensively I don’t believe he and his OC have shown anything to make anyone feel good about the current direction.

I hate it but I’m basically writing this year off and looking to see what it looks like next year. And that’s completely new for me as I’m generally always optimistic the Cats can win that next game no matter who it is. But I have zero optimism this year.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » October 12th, 2019, 4:10 pm

bhoovy wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Klieman says a lot of the right things but offensively I don’t believe he and his OC have shown anything to make anyone feel good about the current direction.
What I don't get is that in the first three games, our offense looked crisp, sharp, and diverse. The last two we have looked a lot more predictable and unsure of ourselves. Part of that I think is injuries. It would be nice to have guys Malik and Jordan back from injuries. They give us a couple extra offensive weapons. Another part of it of course is the tougher competition. Still, it just seems like something is different about this team since the first bye week. Hopefully they can use this one to get things figured out.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 12th, 2019, 4:28 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 4:10 pm
bhoovy wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 12:55 pm

What I don't get is that in the first three games, our offense looked crisp, sharp, and diverse. The last two we have looked a lot more predictable and unsure of ourselves. Part of that I think is injuries. It would be nice to have guys Malik and Jordan back from injuries. They give us a couple extra offensive weapons. Another part of it of course is the tougher competition. Still, it just seems like something is different about this team since the first bye week. Hopefully they can use this one to get things figured out.
We played 3 cupcakes in the first three games. That’s probably the difference. A weak FCS team, one of the 5 worst in FBS, and a SEC team that’s turning out to be the worst in their league.

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » October 12th, 2019, 6:13 pm

I think part of the offensive problem is we have been somewhat easily figured out, add to that we have a QB who is of no threat to run, a running QB has always helped open up our offense. Add in what appears to be very few legit big12 playmakers, we have to get a little more creative to get some production and points. With TCU having a bye week I hope we try some new things as they should be well prepared for anything we have done so far......

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » October 12th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Texan4KSU wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 6:13 pm
I think part of the offensive problem is we have been somewhat easily figured out, add to that we have a QB who is of no threat to run, a running QB has always helped open up our offense. Add in what appears to be very few legit big12 playmakers, we have to get a little more creative to get some production and points. With TCU having a bye week I hope we try some new things as they should be well prepared for anything we have done so far......
Good points. In regard to playmakers, I am excited about the freshmen class, which seems to have several of them, but they still need more experience.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » October 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm

I agree about some of our freshman playmakers at both RB and WR. We need to see more of them as the season progresses. I hope with the bye week we will see more of them VS TCU

purplemob
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by purplemob » October 13th, 2019, 10:16 am

Texan4KSU wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm
I agree about some of our freshman playmakers at both RB and WR. We need to see more of them as the season progresses. I hope with the bye week we will see more of them VS TCU
Kleiman alluded to seeing more freshman in the coming weeks during his press conference this week. He talked about putting more freshman in position to move up the depth chart this week during practices. I know much still has to be seen but I do think Kleiman and his staff do a good job of identifying athletes that fit their system well. There was much more overall speed and athleticism in the 2019 class than prior years. That trend seems to be continuing with the 2020 class as well.