It's Gene

Post by Zoltar » October 11th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Win the dang day!

Number8son
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » October 11th, 2019, 11:39 pm

"Small, painful moments for ESPN+"...I guess it's a small problem if you can't watch the game. Predictable. Ignore those who complain.

Number8son

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » October 11th, 2019, 11:44 pm

BTW, if you think Gene gives a crap about the fans...look where there are considering putting the football practice facility. Unbelievable. Good luck to East Side parking permit purchasers. You're on your own.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 12th, 2019, 9:21 am

Number8son wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 11:44 pm
BTW, if you think Gene gives a crap about the fans...look where there are considering putting the football practice facility. Unbelievable. Good luck to East Side parking permit purchasers. You're on your own.
He said he needs more money! Are you gonna pony up?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » October 12th, 2019, 9:24 am

Number8son wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 11:44 pm
Yeah, I am not a big fan of where they want to put the practice facility and practice field. The only problem is where, then to put them. The only good alternative I can see is to build them on the other side of Kimble Avenue, but that might make the project more expensive because you would need to have some type of pedestrian bridge to go over Kimble Ave.

Has anyone heard of other alternative locations being considered?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 12th, 2019, 10:13 am

you guys do realize that practice facilities are used by athletes 24/7/365 while fans park their cars seven days a year? so, athletes should be walking or biking to their facilities pretty much every day so a few hundred fans can drink beer next to the stadium? give me a break, please. :twisted:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 12th, 2019, 11:20 am

tmcats wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:13 am
you guys do realize that practice facilities are used by athletes 24/7/365 while fans park their cars seven days a year? so, athletes should be walking or biking to their facilities pretty much every day so a few hundred fans can drink beer next to the stadium? give me a break, please. :twisted:
Give me a break TM, please. I generally agree with you on things, but not this time. Without those fans, the fan experience, and their donations, you have no facility and no team.

Build it behind the b-ball arena where the existing facility is.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 12th, 2019, 11:48 am

Hypeman wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 11:20 am
tmcats wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:13 am
Give me a break TM, please. I generally agree with you on things, but not this time. Without those fans, the fan experience, and their donations, you have no facility and no team.

crazy! the veneer and practice facility need to be linked with the football field. today, we have players biking to the practice fields by the soccer stadium. the athletes are way higher priority than the fans. sorry, that's just how i feel about it. gene said those fans displaced will be given priority parking.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 12th, 2019, 1:57 pm

tmcats wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 11:48 am
Hypeman wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 11:20 am

crazy! the veneer and practice facility need to be linked with the football field. today, we have players biking to the practice fields by the soccer stadium. the athletes are way higher priority than the fans. sorry, that's just how i feel about it. gene said those fans displaced will be given priority parking.
Hmm, we don’t want athletes walking 100 yards to practice. No wonder we suck.

I suspect many displaced fans will elect priority parking ... priority parking their ass in front of their TV.

Am I alone in thinking parking at the stadium is already too limited?

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » October 12th, 2019, 3:36 pm

All I can say hyper is that KSU's parking for athletic events is light years better than most universities. ISU's is very much like KSU. OU -- nope. OSU-- nope. Nebraska -- you're kidding. Texas -- nope. Tech -- parking garage. Never been to TCU. Missouri --nope. Arkansas -- nope. KU -- a joke.

Hell, KSU can just build a 2 story parking garage on the west side that matches the practice field on the east and you'll have the same # of parking spaces. Include the parking garage in the project costs.