VS MSU... What do you want to see?

The defending Big XII Champions
BornWildcat

Pick 'Em

VS MSU... What do you want to see?

Post by BornWildcat » September 10th, 2019, 8:32 am

I want to be careful with this question because I go into every game in every sport thinking K-State can win. So, in no way do I want to lower our expectations to less than a W (Snyder Rule 13). That being said, what would make you come out of the game Saturday thinking K-State is moving in the right direction?

A victory?
A close game?
The LBs hitting the right gaps?
The DB success against a good passing team?
An efficient offense against a top SEC defense?
Our OL able to get push?
Or just have the overall feeling that CK is doing the right things and K-State's future is in good hands?

What do you want to see?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » September 10th, 2019, 9:33 am

a Wildcat Victory. How it happens is a whole lot less important.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » September 10th, 2019, 10:15 am

I don't want to see another 31-10, noncompetitive game with boring play calling in a 2 QB system and letting a RB go for 200+ yards.

I want to see at the very least, a close game that ends up with a single score victory.

MSU will be different then a lot of Big 12 styles, so it may not give us much idea of where K-State will be against Big 12 teams, but it will show a lot on how good both sides of the lines are.

MSDawg71
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MSDawg71 » September 10th, 2019, 10:18 am

BornWildcat wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 8:32 am
I want to be careful with this question because I go into every game in every sport thinking K-State can win. So, in no way do I want to lower our expectations to less than a W (Snyder Rule 13). That being said, what would make you come out of the game Saturday thinking K-State is moving in the right direction?

A victory?
A close game?
The LBs hitting the right gaps?
The DB success against a good passing team?
An efficient offense against a top SEC defense?
Our OL able to get push?
Or just have the overall feeling that CK is doing the right things and K-State's future is in good hands?

What do you want to see?
Coming from a Ms St fan who went a decade with barely winning 3 games before hiring Mullen. Growth and over all improvement with the same players. A win would be great, but it should not be the determining factor of moving in the right direction. I think everybody can see that your team is already improved.

Under Mullen, Fitz was great... Under Moorhead, Nope.... because he requires a QB to throw. SO you want to see the current roster excel and be excited to see what this offense can do when he get's the type of players he needs.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » September 10th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Of course, I would like for the 'Cats to pull off the upset, but so long as it is a competitive game, I will be satisfied with the improvement over last year.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » September 10th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I want to see us win. It is not like we are playing Alabama or Clemson, we are playing a team that is, quality-wise a fringe ranking team. We have several more of those games. They lost a lot on the D line and start two frosh there, one of their o-linemen has been or will be out and their QB is, at best, banged up. Road games are always tough and they are good, not great team. We should be in the game the whole time and have the ability to get the win, if we play a good game and make some plays when they are there to be made. Now, if we aren't in the game, then we have not taken the step forward our very solid dominant wins over lesser teams would indicate. This game will certainly be a barometer if we are just a step or two above W Virginia and KU, or if we are in play for 3-4th in the conference.

flatlander

Post by flatlander » September 11th, 2019, 6:40 am

W
:popcorn:

Sancho Panza

Post by Sancho Panza » September 11th, 2019, 10:22 am

A clean, hard-fought game, no injuries (including heat related); of course, W!

Game winning TD scored after the final horn is sounded; but no heart attacks to anyone.

:ull: :powercat: :usa: :mustardbuzzards:
HAIL STATE!!!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 11th, 2019, 11:16 am

i'll be watching early-on how the two lines dominate or don't. that's where the game will be won. can k-state run it up the middle or not? can state's line stop msu's run game? if they can do both, emaw wins easily. if not ...
Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 11th, 2019, 11:53 am

arksu, your post is totally inappropriate and should be taken down.
Why is there something rather than nothing?