We are all gonna die!!!

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
spot2180
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 45 times

We are all gonna die!!!

Post by spot2180 » September 9th, 2019, 6:54 am

1970s: The new ice age!! We are all gonna die!!
1980s: Acid rain!!! We are all gonna die!!
1990s: The ozone layer is gone!!! We are all gonna die!!
2000s: Global warming is melting the glaciers. We are all gonna die!!
2010s: Climate change!! In 12 years we are all gonna die!!

Reminds me of Crichton's book State of Fear. A good read, by the way. It also shows how powerful the enviornmental lobby is. Many of those 'existential' threats changed our society. So what's next?

I am sure if Trump wins again, it will be considered some kind of natural disaster. It will be interesting to see how creatively the left will abuse science for the next decade's chosen disaster scenario.
'To be a leftist means that one has to ignore the obvious....Social justice, enviornmental justice, racial justice are all oxymorons. These kinds of adjectives for justice do not denote actual justice. Only justice is justice.'

ChemicalKat
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

Post by ChemicalKat » September 9th, 2019, 7:14 am

So short sighted. Government regulations stopped acid rain and ozone depletion.

Ksuminnesotacat
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » September 9th, 2019, 7:52 am

ChemicalKat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:14 am
Yet created sulfur deficiency across the land now we mine transport and broadcast sulfur by the millions of tons annually just so Georgia can have beef,corn,cabbage,and potatoes with your peaches.

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » September 9th, 2019, 8:18 am

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:52 am
ChemicalKat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:14 am
Yet created sulfur deficiency across the land now we mine transport and broadcast sulfur by the millions of tons annually just so Georgia can have beef,corn,cabbage,and potatoes with your peaches.
You’re going to have to explain.

KITNooga
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 154 times

Post by KITNooga » September 9th, 2019, 9:38 am

ChemicalKat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 8:18 am
Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:52 am

when sulfur does not fall out of the sky, it has to be put back into the soil.
sulfur is a critical nutrient for healthy soil, crop growth.

it's not just all NPK.

wazucat
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by wazucat » September 9th, 2019, 9:56 am

whoever the Dam candidate is , all these extreme positions they are getting on video will come back to haunt them in the general election as 20 second Republican ads showing how kooky the left is, "the world ends in eleven years if we don't act now" my God what hyperbole.

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » September 9th, 2019, 10:12 am

KITNooga wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 9:38 am
ChemicalKat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 8:18 am

when sulfur does not fall out of the sky, it has to be put back into the soil.
sulfur is a critical nutrient for healthy soil, crop growth.

it's not just all NPK.
So the solution is to artificially inflate sulfur content in rain with pollutants, killing plant life in the process? You can’t argue that acid rain is good for the environment.

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » September 9th, 2019, 11:06 am

No but your overreacting to a perceived problem creates another with more harmful questions, was acid rain decided science like climate change, global cooling, and or global warming is? Thanks Kit saved me the time to explain!

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » September 9th, 2019, 11:27 am

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 11:06 am
No but your overreacting to a perceived problem creates another with more harmful questions, was acid rain decided science like climate change, global cooling, and or global warming is? Thanks Kit saved me the time to explain!
Over reaction lol. Acid rain was killing crops and plant life. Now it’s not. Thanks to regulations. AND capitalism did not collapse. In fact, you could argue it’s better than ever. Same with the CFCs. Had global warming been addressed 20 years ago like sulfur pollutants and CFCs, then we wouldn’t have any need for drastic changes to industry and the power grid.

But here we are, in climate change thread #5162 making the same dumb arguments with little to no change in policy that would benefit BOTH the climate and the economy. So dumb. So short sighted. Completely illogical abandonment of basic scientific principles.

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » September 9th, 2019, 11:34 am

Yes like mining sulfur is such a more efficient use of land energy and labor. And yes sulfur in rain can help plant life that’s why we need it now because it is no longer there. Enjoy your meals today. And no I am not saying acid rain is great but was it really that dire again was it settled science like the debate of today is?